Sheet metal shield on side of 98 4wd/4dr gas tank.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ladyelisha63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a heat shield that is required for fuel tank protection from the exhaust system only. It is not designed for any impact or skid plate related issues.
Do you know where I could purchase this heat shield for my 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7l - 8 cylinder - 4 wheel drive?

ladyelisha63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is a heat shield that is required for fuel tank protection from the exhaust system only. It is not designed for any impact or skid plate related issues.
Do you know where I could purchase this heat shield for my 1999 Chevy Tahoe 5.7l - 8 cylinder - 4 wheel drive?

ladyelisha63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! Found a site that has it.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try calling a dealer, they can search nationwide inventory for the part number (15733382). If you’re lucky, someone may still actually have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC