She floats on dry land

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of that mounted, would you?
Here you go not the best pics and yes i overtightend the bushing but i still think they were junk felt like cardboard after 2 weeks.tried a few till i found the right ones the red ones are what you need the black ones didnt fit correctly.This 50 dollar part and the polyurethane sway bar end links and bar bushings made the most improvement out of anything i have done to the hoe.I dont dread driving 50 miles to work and back daily now its a pleasure.Once i put the 33 duratracs on it and keys it was all over the road in crosswinds and every pothole was scary.Now at 80 mph i let my hand off the wheel and hit pothole and all good.

Attachments

• kyb stabilizer 030.JPG
    kyb stabilizer 030.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 21
  • kyb stabilizer 035.JPG
    kyb stabilizer 035.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 21
  • stabilizer bushings 067.JPG
    stabilizer bushings 067.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 22
  • kyb steering stabilizer bushing replacements 001.JPG
    kyb steering stabilizer bushing replacements 001.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 20
  • stabilizer bushings 064.JPG
    stabilizer bushings 064.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad things are better, but I have to agree with both @Doubeleive and @Fless
1. Your truck really does appear to be riding high and
2. The bump stops are part of your front suspension and should be in contact. If not this can add to the float instability you mentioned earlier. Mine rotted out several years and chased sloppiness for weeks until I found a post on this forum. Replaced them and wow what a difference. There is also a post on this forum on the rear shock and spring combination required to replace the factory-installed comfort ride package to ensure you have the correct ride height.

Welcome to the forum,
Bob

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have a link as to where you bought yours?
I bought my front and rear kits at ebay from a seller called "neverenoughauto".

@V30Crewcab isn't kidding. The single biggest "seat of the pants" improvement I have noticed with my rig is the Hellwig bars, front and rear. Best money I spent during my whole build thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts