Auto stop/ start not restarting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tah-Hoe21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for some guidance on the wife’s Tahoe.

We have a 2021 Tahoe RST, diesel 3.0 liter engine, with auto start/ stop feature. The wife commutes about 20
Miles for work (all highway) when she got the work she was entering her code to open the gate and her stop feature activated like normal. When she went to accelerate to drive into work, the Tahoe never started back up and stayed in neutral and she began to roll backward. She had to turn off the ignition and restart it to get the engine working.

This isn’t the first time this has happened. She was at a stop sign down the street from our house shortly after we purchased the Tahoe in February of 24 and had a similar occurrence. The first time we both figured she had done something wrong being that we had only had the car for a week.

It’s still under warranty and I made an appointment for this week to get it looked at. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and knows of a fix?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Based off of a recent incident with a 2017 Cherokee that I worked on, I know that the AGM battery in good shape is a MUST. Her husband had installed a non AGM main battery a while back and it caused start/stop problems as well as intermittent CEL and warning lights at the cluster.

Your battery is 3 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali

Latest posts