Rough Country Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdebusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at leveling my 07 Yukon, and was almost settled on a ccm 2.5" front and 1" rear kit, unitl I looked at the rough country 2" kit. The reasons I like the Rough Country is it appears to be easier to install and price. My only concern is that the rough counry kit does not come with rear spacers and I DO NOT want it to droop in the rear. Does anyone have experience with the rough country and or pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as easier to install is concerned, it might be a little easier than the kits that use both top and bottom spacers and easier than kits that require the top strut studs to be trimmed/cut. Any way you look at, you basically have to take most of the same stuff apart to gain clearance to install the rough country kit.

As far as the rear is concerned, I would install the front and if you then want the rear higher, you can buy the appropriate spacers to give you the amount of lift you desire.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the install is not that hard. I did my CCM in one evening...and then removed it the next night. Gets easier each time!!!

btw...it is for sale!

bigbluebowtie

Reaction score
Why not buy the kit from jmontruks on ebay then you can level 1, 1 1/2 or 2 inches so you don't end up with the rear too low.
Bottom strut mount like rough country
check it out, sharp red tahoe in the listing picture

Navo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just do not like the idea of cutting something on a brand new truck. What size tires fit with each? Like the CCM kit can fit ? and the rough country ?

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to do a search. A lot of it depends on the width and offset of the rims you use.

OP
OP
S

sdebusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, everyone, and the cutting part was exactly what I was talking about being easier. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but i have never done anything with suspension. I've read the other forums on installs and watched a couple of youtube videos. Hopefully I get to dig into it next week. Thanks again.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott it is no big deal...a lot easier than you would think. Biggest helpful tip I found is using the hex wrench on the bottom of the ball joint to keep it from spinning when you put it back together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n