Questions on Suburban lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
I want to lift my 2015 Suburban. I think 3.5" at the most since I dont think that will require any major cutting for drop brackets etc. I want 32 or 33" tires. My question is for that little of lift should I do anything other than top and bottom strut spacers in front (2.5" top and 1" bottom) and then a coil spacer in back? Would I need to replace upper control arms too? Would that small of lift affect ride quality at all? If I do need to do upper control arms is is better to go with something like the full 3.5" rough country kit that includes them or should I build them out separately?

The other thing I'm wondering about. I tow atvs quite frequently and sometimes a boat. If I level out the back would I experience much squat while towing? Or should i do a slight rake? Atvs w/trailer weigh about 3500lbs. Boat probably weighs less.

15burban

Reaction score
At 3.5" I think you would throw the geometry of the front end off with just the spacers alone. I haven't lifted a suburban at all so take it for what it's worth. Also I've never heard of putting a spacer at the top and bottom. Usually it's one or the other.

There's a reason why rough country lifts are cheap, because they are. If it's a pavement princess it might be ok. If you go off road you more then likely will be replacing parts.

If you tow yes you will want to keep some rake unless you like the nose high look.

OP
OP
C

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
At 3.5" I think you would throw the geometry of the front end off with just the spacers alone. I haven't lifted a suburban at all so take it for what it's worth. Also I've never heard of putting a spacer at the top and bottom. Usually it's one or the other.

There's a reason why rough country lifts are cheap, because they are. If it's a pavement princess it might be ok. If you go off road you more then likely will be replacing parts.

If you tow yes you will want to keep some rake unless you like the nose high look.
Thanks for the reply. Suburban is the same as lifting the tahoe or yukon for these model years. Same kits work. I do offroad quite a bit, which is why I want the lift. So it sounds like it would probably be better just to do upper control arms and stuff too. So If I want to keep a little rake, then I should probably go 3.5" in front and 3" in back? I wonder if I would need to extend the brake line for 3 inches in back. Yes, most kits come with top and bottom spacers. similar to this:
1709922476886.png

Last edited:

15burban

Reaction score
I learned something new. I've never seen that before. Hopefully someone else chimes in to help ya out.

Just a quick thought, if a guy could load up the atvs on the trailer and see how much it squats now you could figure out how much rake to keep.

OP
OP
C

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
I learned something new. I've never seen that before. Hopefully someone else chimes in to help ya out.

Just a quick thought, if a guy could load up the atvs on the trailer and see how much it squats now you could figure out how much rake to keep.
Hahaha now I feel stupid for not thinking of that. That's what I'll do! Thanks!

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldnt go much more than 2-2.5” of lift in the front without a bracket/diff drop. Its just too much and throws everything off. You will have no downtravel left at all.

As far as sagging…well, not much is gonna change with sag in the rear if you do a spacer. Figure out how much it sags now, and calculate that in. I personally would go with bags or the air shocks…best of both worlds. Leveled when not towing, and leveled when towing.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I want to lift my 2015 Suburban. I think 3.5" at the most since I dont think that will require any major cutting for drop brackets etc. I want 32 or 33" tires. My question is for that little of lift should I do anything other than top and bottom strut spacers in front (2.5" top and 1" bottom) and then a coil spacer in back? Would I need to replace upper control arms too? Would that small of lift affect ride quality at all? If I do need to do upper control arms is is better to go with something like the full 3.5" rough country kit that includes them or should I build them out separately?

The other thing I'm wondering about. I tow atvs quite frequently and sometimes a boat. If I level out the back would I experience much squat while towing? Or should i do a slight rake? Atvs w/trailer weigh about 3500lbs. Boat probably weighs less.
I’ve double stacked spacers and been fine.
The rc parts are junk I diddnt like the control arms they had I couldn’t get the alignment in spec with them.
I switched to fabtech uniball control arms and was able to get alignment spot on and down travel along with ride quality was compared to the RC arms.
With 3-3.5” I’d recommend a differential drop which you should be able to find easily on eBay or Amazon. Pretty easy to install everything with basic tools.
Eventually coil overs would be the best upgrade as far as ride quality goes paired with the uniball control arms it’s great.
I got my arms off amazon when they had a sale IMG_3389.pnghad them on when she was leveled and they still aligned perfectly when i set the lift to 8.5” even though they say there good for 6”

I think my leveling kits I used were the cheap moto fab ones I just put grade 8 bolts instead of what they had provided.

OP
OP
C

Cryptothedog

Reaction score
Got the lift installed! 3" in the back 3.5" in the front. I'm gonna do the diff drop this weekend. Then I just need new, bigger tires!20240315_174930.jpg

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may get the upgrade itch after living with the live for a while… here’s my setup, very close to 3” up front, 275-70/R18 0” offset wheels. I’m ashamed I have no pics of the rear but I have a 2” lift puck and Z71 springs with piggyback fox’s

5233E25F-CF7C-4FE4-A0AA-F01AF6FEEF61.jpegECB102F8-DDB0-46F0-9FA2-A1B2FE0EECDB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar