13 Metallic Tahoe Auto Rear Leveling Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13_Metallic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Since my last PostIMG_1370.jpeg i have added a few things to the Tahoe and have gotten a bit better of a ride, regarding the rear auto leveling shocks does anybody make extenders for the shocks? I really dont wanna lose the functionality of the shocks because i do pull trailers etc. but with a 3inch lift it does ride rough in the rear still and i have replaced the Rear Coils with the Moog 81069 to get a little bit stiffer of a ride

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Since my last PostView attachment 412253 i have added a few things to the Tahoe and have gotten a bit better of a ride, regarding the rear auto leveling shocks does anybody make extenders for the shocks? I really dont wanna lose the functionality of the shocks because i do pull trailers etc. but with a 3inch lift it does ride rough in the rear still and i have replaced the Rear Coils with the Moog 81069 to get a little bit stiffer of a ride

@Dustin Jackson fixed his over-extended rear shocks with extenders from Rough Country. Apparently, they're sold with their full kit unless you call them to order the extenders exclusively. Dustin also used sway bar end links from a Jeep Wrangler (JK, I think) to correct his rear sway bar geometry after the lift. Between the extenders, longer end links and adjustable panhard bar, his setup looks on point. He also has the same Moog coils as you.

Pertinent posts from his build thread:

OP
OP
13_Metallic

13_Metallic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like @iamdub said I recommend doing all 3 of those things.

What exactly is your setup @13_Metallic ?
So i have spacers under front struts and spacers under rear springs, auto level in rear only. I have the moog coils in the rear and Forged UCA’s up front but besides that everything is factory which is my guess to why its still riding like crap. Trying to get the Geometry of everything fixed to hopefully get a better ride

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@13_Metallic You call Rough Country on the phone and tell them the part numbers that are in the links that @iamdub posted and they will help you out. The only thing after that is you will need to source some grade 8 bolts, washers, and nuts.

Basically what the shock extenders do is make it so that bottom shocks aren't extended as much.

Wait I might be missing something @iamdub where is the auto level sensor on the rear?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@13_Metallic You call Rough Country on the phone and tell them the part numbers that are in the links that @iamdub posted and they will help you out. The only thing after that is you will need to source some grade 8 bolts, washers, and nuts.

Basically what the shock extenders do is make it so that bottom shocks aren't extended as much.

Wait I might be missing something @iamdub where is the auto level sensor on the rear?

It's on the frame, kinda parallel to the upper control arm and has a link rod to that upper arm. The link should be longer to put the sensor arm back as close as possible to its position before the lift. Longer links can be made from 10-24 all-thread rod. IIRC, they came two in a package, 6" each, stainless steel. It's available in other lengths and materials, but I think the #10 is what you need to adhere to for it to be a firm fit to screw the factory ball stud ends onto it. Trim as needed. Here's the shorter ones I made for my drop: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/post-1413884

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub Thank you, I knew I was missing something besides just the shock extension brackets. Those will fix the shocks from being overextended but now he will have to adjust the sensors to compensate for the shock extension brackets.

@13_Metallic are you set on keeping the auto level system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts