Am I buying the right kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! Hope no one minds me making a quick thread here. I cant find one that pertains to my exact concerns. This is my first time doing a full suspension lift and my first time joining a forum. I have a beautiful 2007 yukon denali and i am looking at rough countries affordable 7.5" lift. My concern is that through the website the lift kit that is marketed for my vehicle says that it does not fit my vehicle. I will attach photos of what the page is displaying with my vehicle info inputted. But ive seen a few examples of what I beleive to be my exact vehicle with this exact lift. If I had to take a guess... it says that it doesnt fit my vehicle due to the autoride. But it also claims that it doesnt fit AWD vehicles? But says it fits 4WD. I believe mines awd do to the inability to put it into 2wd? Am i over thinking this? Is this gonna work for me? I understand that there will be some cutting and what not ive watched a few installation videos but im concerned that maybe mine is different in some way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231119_150614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_150614_Chrome.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20231119_150549_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_150549_Chrome.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20231119_150540_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_150540_Chrome.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20231119_150511_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_150511_Chrome.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 7

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is actually a great question, I do not have the answer. I suspect that maybe the front diff is different so the diff drop that comes with the lift kit might not fit but hopefully someone that knows will answer.

To confirm, you have AWD and autoride or is your Autoride disabled?

OP
OP
R

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is actually a great question, I do not have the answer. I suspect that maybe the front diff is different so the diff drop that comes with the lift kit might not fit but hopefully someone that knows will answer.

To confirm, you have AWD and autoride or is your Autoride disabled?
I have awd and autoride yes... I believe. Noticing on multiple websites selling this kit if i change my vehicle to 08 instea of 07 it fits... wonder whats different in that one year

OP
OP
R

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have awd and autoride yes... I believe. Noticing on multiple websites selling this kit if i change my vehicle to 08 instea of 07 it fits... wonder whats different in that one year
Upon more digging around im finding little talk about this specific year with the awd needing some sort of special driveline

...dual cardan

Can anyone confirm? Has anyone lifted 07 yukon denali 6+ inches

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rylan In the meantime maybe look into what it would take to convert your setup to be more like those on the 08 if that's the hangup but that could be a diff or tcase swap..

OP
OP
R

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Rylan In the meantime maybe look into what it would take to convert your setup to be more like those on the 08 if that's the hangup but that could be a diff or tcase swap..
Exactly what im thinking. Cant find much on what im tryna do sadly

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted the seller by phone and discussed this situation?

OP
OP
R

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
alright well... here is what i have learned with upwards of 10hrs digging around. The reason why is because the lift kit creats such a lethal angle on the front driveline to be running at high speeds constantly it is a terrible idea to lift the awd yukon. I have found a 6" lift kit from procomp that does claim to fit my awd denali and it does include a dual cardan driveshaft. The main concern with this being made possible by a driveshaft upgrade is that the risk is still too great. I keep hearing of situations where people have lifted their awd yukon and upgraded the driveshaft. But about half say the vibration is too much and the other say runs smooth on the highway. So i give up and will likely sell the yukon as the conversion to a 4wd is not worth the hassle. I am still curious... to anyone who has 6"+ lift on an awd yukon... hows it ride and where did you get your driveshaft from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts