Am I buying the right kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why AWD would be any worse than 4WD as your CV axles are splined to the front hubs and will be spinning all the time either way. Granted, with AWD, it will be trying to transmit torque, but still, spinning none the less.

The differential for AWD and 4WD mount the same way so that shouldn’t be an issue either. No difference between 2007 and 2008 front differentials either, or 2013 for that matter. I’ve had all three years of AWD vehicles and they are all the same.

OP
OP
R

Rylan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure why AWD would be any worse than 4WD as your CV axles are splined to the front hubs and will be spinning all the time either way. Granted, with AWD, it will be trying to transmit torque, but still, spinning none the less.

The differential for AWD and 4WD mount the same way so that shouldn’t be an issue either. No difference between 2007 and 2008 front differentials either, or 2013 for that matter. I’ve had all three years of AWD vehicles and they are all the same.
Copy. I went and talked to a shop that specializes in lifting vehicles.... excessively. And they said that its absurd. And very unlikely to vibrate. Just concerned about the lift companies saying it wont work for my vehicle... i cant help but find stuff to modify on my vehicle. Im gonna send it and hope all goes swimmingly... gonna lose sleep over this one :(

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had trouble finding a successfully lifted AWD Yukon and looking forward to your results. In my past research I found retro fitting a part time t-case it a pain and have considered the NP241 manual shift t-case as you can find them in 32 spline. Easy direct swap and no torque sent to the front drive shaft. But torque through the angle of the driveline may only be 1/2 of the issue, the AWD diff is always spinning from both axles vs the part time diff only spinning from one axle, I am not sure that puts undue stress or excess spin on the driveline. The issue in AWD is if you break an axle you are stuck where the part time 4WD you can shift into 2WD and keep going because it disengages the front drive at both locations, t-case and diff (not sure if it is one or both that cause the issue for AWD's).

If you did go the NP241 route you need to do a custom t-case shifter. I was thinking of this on a previous suburban: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Stoc...ion-Racing-Shifter-Anodized-Aluminu,2801.html.

Thanks for listening...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar