13 Metallic Tahoe Auto Rear Leveling Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub What is FYP? And for some reason I thought he only had the auto level in the rear. If he has auto level in the front and hasn't adjusted the ride height sensors he has even more ride quality to gain

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

FYP = "Fixed Your Post". I changed the last part of your post for accuracy. You said he'd have to adjust the sensors to compensate for the shock extension brackets. The sensors measure the position of the arm to determine ride height, which was altered by the lift. So he'd have to adjust the sensors to compensate for the lift.

And for some reason I thought he only had the auto level in the rear. If he has auto level in the front and hasn't adjusted the ride height sensors he has even more ride quality to gain

The ride height sensors tell the controller how to adjust for both the AutoRide and the Auto Level Control systems. Yes, for ALC, getting the rear sensors set is most important. But, since it is lifted front and rear, the controller would be trying to adjust the front struts and maybe (likely) the rear shock valving, and erroneously, at that. So, not as critical. But, if you're fixing one pair, why not fix the other to keep the system as happy all around? It'd at least keep the front from bottoming out if he ever unloaded the front end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar