Rodent Issue - Mice, Rats, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some classic cars so I'm very proactive about keeping the critters at bay. After trying a lot of products I've found what they don't like most is Bounce (the original scented ones) dryer sheets and PURE peppermint oil that I soak cotton balls in. You can't use the peppermint oil you find in most stores as it's not concentrate. I buy mine on Amazon. It's a bit pricey, but worth it if it means keeping them out of the cars.

I ordered some peppermint spray and liquid from Amazon . Spray is not rated very well but has a "money back guarantee "

Rather than buying bait boxes, I built some simple wood boxes with holes at each end and a secure top. They have a layer of rat/mice poison from Tractor Supply inside which the buggers seem to enjoy. We park the vehicles over the boxes and let the mice do their thing. Seems to have cut down on the population but being surrounded by woods, there are plenty of replacements.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Commercial bait boxes with rat kabobs hung inside work great along with sticky traps. Both are placed outside of the reach of our dogs.

Frick’n rats take the dog crap and fill up the bait boxes like it’s futon furniture. I’m guessing the suckers are trying to convince their predators that a dog is living inside their kabob hut and to stay out. We have a pest pro manage our home as a side job. The frick’n company that bought his old company almost halved his pay. I gladly support his family and pay in cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n