Rodent Issue - Mice, Rats, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they are advertised as "Humane". Did you place them in the engine compartment ?

Just placed them all around the outside of the vehicle on the ground and all around the outside of the house. 10 acres covered in Ponderosa pines and natural habitat, nightmare for rodents. Very humane considering the price of our vehicles:) However, the circle of life blessed us with a resident barn owl and red tailed hawk so problem solved!

TerryKing

Reaction score
Look up "Critter Ridder" spray. Hit the engine plastic parts and wiring, under chassis wiring..
Like THIS ... Says lasts 30 days. Sprayed my cellar doorstep to keep mice out; the dog wouldn't go past it for months...

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Five gallon bucket with sunflower seeds floating on five inches of water. Place away from the car with a yard stick or some ramp so they can climb in.

If you dont have kids or pets, use antifreeze instaed of water, that way they dont stink when they start to rot.

elperuano

Reaction score
I work for Terminix.
These are the most frustrating because of the open environment. Cars left outside will sometimes experience these issues. Main focus is too kill all the rodents that are comfortable with area. Then spray disinfect all around vehicle under carriage and area. Rodents pee and poop everywhere and they follow that scent. They usually leave a trail of urine and poop. Clean that up so they don't keep finding their way back so easily.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for Terminix.
These are the most frustrating because of the open environment. Cars left outside will sometimes experience these issues. Main focus is too kill all the rodents that are comfortable with area. Then spray disinfect all around vehicle under carriage and area. Rodents pee and poop everywhere and they follow that scent. They usually leave a trail of urine and poop. Clean that up so they don't keep finding their way back so easily.

Makes good sense to get rid of their trails. Got one in a sticky trap under the hood.

Sticky Trap.jpg

OP
OP
ChrisYukon

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Well, the armour all solution seemed to work for a bit - then it stopped working. The mess isn't as much now - maybe it's a deterrent?

I broke down and ordered the bait stations from an online pest control site. I'll post my results.

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
I have some classic cars so I'm very proactive about keeping the critters at bay. After trying a lot of products I've found what they don't like most is Bounce (the original scented ones) dryer sheets and PURE peppermint oil that I soak cotton balls in. You can't use the peppermint oil you find in most stores as it's not concentrate. I buy mine on Amazon. It's a bit pricey, but worth it if it means keeping them out of the cars.

OP
OP
ChrisYukon

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
An Update: I ended up going to doyourownpestcontrol.com and buying some of the outside-the-restaurant-style bait stations and bait. I bought some "rat pheromone" from the local hardware store and dropped a bit into the bait stations, and I also zip-tied some bait in a few spots under the hood of the cars I keep outside.

I've found a couple of dead rats and smelled at least one more that is somewhere in the bushes. So far, so good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman