Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Today I also wired in a new connector for the steering position sensor. I have a DTC C0455 symptom 0, front steering position circuit and according to alldata this will also disable traction control and stabilitrack which I am experiencing. There is a TSB stating they have a problem with corrosion in the connector and before changing the sensor, replace the connector. It didn't work. The Tech 2 shows a position of -232 degrees and it doesn't change when I turn the wheel. I followed the diagnostic steps at alldata and it looks like the sensor itself is bad which is a bummer because I need to pull the steering column to change it. Another project. Sensor ordered.

@Rocket Man
Did you have to program the new sensor? I replaced mine and I'm still getting the C0455?
I used the oem part from GM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man
Did you have to program the new sensor? I replaced mine and I'm still getting the C0455?
I used the oem part from GM
No, there’s no programming that you can do iirc. I was able to look at the data on the Tech2 and verify it was working though. Do you have a Tech2? You might have corrosion in the connector like the TSB talks about. You might want to replace it.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
No, there’s no programming that you can do iirc. I was able to look at the data on the Tech2 and verify it was working though. Do you have a Tech2? You might have corrosion in the connector like the TSB talks about. You might want to replace it.

I already replaced the sensor, I cleared the code with the tech2 and still getting the code. I see the live data but I don't know what that data means.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already replaced the sensor, I cleared the code with the tech2 and still getting the code. I see the live data but I don't know what that data means.
It should show the position of the steering wheel in degrees, with zero degrees at straight ahead iirc.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll hookup my Tech2 later and see what the data says. It seems to me like it reads 0 degrees at straight ahead and negative degrees when you turn to the left and positive degrees when you turn to the right.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I’ll hookup my Tech2 later and see what the data says. ./QUOTE]

I know this is your build thread and don't wanna get off subject.

The data from the beast would help me alot, I'm thinking I have the steering wheel off center. You can PM the screen shots of your live data and I'll will compare them to mine. Thanks Mark

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne