Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind is it and how big is the roll?
I don’t even know where it is right now.

The piece of tube I ordered came in today so I put my tube bending hat on and got it done. It doesn’t look like much but it’s not easy doing this. It came out perfect for once. I’m glad that part of the project is done.

02870888-DDDC-4C4B-82B5-EB3E2E16E0EB.jpeg 05422EA9-5467-405F-B1A2-E0C806E4B9AA.jpeg 4139815B-9AD2-4DC6-8424-7A91957C260A.jpeg E5A392E6-FEA2-4588-972D-5FB1EC69AE91.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started on the door sills. The paint is scratched in a few places so I bought some inexpensive textured wrap to install. I only got the driver door done, I need to get it off the jack stands again so I can move it and get better access. I have new weatherstrip ordered for that door too since the one that’s on there is torn. I’m just finalizing a few things underneath before I drop it back down. Roger Vinci got back to me with cam, springs and pushrod recommendations but I’m thinking I’ll wait for now. He said they might get closed down soon and I don’t want my money in limbo.

View attachment 244155 View attachment 244156 View attachment 244157
nice, how do you like it? I was looking at getting some for both of my trucks

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, how do you like it? I was looking at getting some for both of my trucks
It’s nice; it looks good and it will wash easily. I returned another roll that was the anti-slip type because I didn’t think it would wash easy, it was the stuff that’s more like sandpaper. You just have to be sure the surface is super clean because it’s just like any wrap- every little speck shows through.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s nice; it looks good and it will wash easily. I returned another roll that was the anti-slip type because I didn’t think it would wash easy, it was the stuff that’s more like sandpaper. You just have to be sure the surface is super clean because it’s just like any wrap- every little speck shows through.
ok I was looking at both types, so I take it the smooth stuff is pretty thin?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took it for it’s first drive since the brakes and front hub spacers. Just up and down the 5 blocks of my side street since it has no tail lights or plates. I have been concerned about being able to turn around without airing the front waaay up. And........

I think it’s gonna be fine. I usually would run around at ride height of 90 psi front and 40 rear, which I have set on one button and rise-on-start so as soon as I start the engine that’s where it goes to. That works fine. Then when taking a hard turn, at an intersection or when I’m turning around, I would air the front up to 120-130 just before I turned. That still works too. I think the biggest difference is just when it’s at ride height, 90 psi in the front, there’s less turning available but not enough that I can’t change lanes or swerve around cars or objects. So that’s $1500 that I thought I was going to have to spend. Roger Vinci said they won’t charge my card until they build my camshaft and if there’s a problem that stops them from shipping my order they will refund me. So imma gonna order a cam, pushrods, vitron seals and retainers. And yes, @iamdub he said if I want more chop to the idle, Blackbear can adjust the idle to accomplish that.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the cam, seals, dual springs, pushrods, ARP harmonic dampener bolt, AC Delco timing cover seal, timing cover gasket, and water pump gaskets. Still need oil filter and some other supplies but I think that does it. The engine only has 65k on it so I’m not replacing the oil pump or timing set.

And I’m no expert in cams so I’m trusting Roger Vinci that this will be a good cam for what I want:

"CHOPPER "
STREET / STRIP CAM
POWER RANGE 2000 TO 6500
TUNING REQUIRED / STALL CONVERTER RECOMMENDED
5.3L - 6.0L
HI MIDRANGE "TORQUE" / WEEKEND WARRIOR

LOVE THAT POWERFUL CHOPPY IDLE

DUAL VALVE SPRING KIT & MOLY PUSHRODS REQUIRED

DUR @ .050" 210*/218*
LIFT .552 / .552
LSA 112*
2A

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ordered the cam, seals, dual springs, pushrods, ARP harmonic dampener bolt, AC Delco timing cover seal, timing cover gasket, and water pump gaskets. Still need oil filter and some other supplies but I think that does it. The engine only has 65k on it so I’m not replacing the oil pump or timing set.

And I’m no expert in cams so I’m trusting Roger Vinci that this will be a good cam for what I want:

"CHOPPER "
STREET / STRIP CAM
POWER RANGE 2000 TO 6500
TUNING REQUIRED / STALL CONVERTER RECOMMENDED
5.3L - 6.0L
HI MIDRANGE "TORQUE" / WEEKEND WARRIOR

LOVE THAT POWERFUL CHOPPY IDLE

DUAL VALVE SPRING KIT & MOLY PUSHRODS REQUIRED

DUR @ .050" 210*/218*
LIFT .552 / .552
LSA 112*
2A
Not sure if I saw if you were getting a stalled convertor. If so, what speed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar