Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’ll be, look what just showed up. I guess FedEx does deliver on Sunday. I’m so confused. Now if they can just get me my Katzkins which have been in town for days.

View attachment 238379 View attachment 238380 View attachment 238381

You kept asking the other day about it being delivered on Sunday. So, after that call, they logged in to your order and changed the expected status just to troll you.

Meanwhile, you can set up that sub to start breaking in so it'd be ready to rock. I know, I know- OCD/overkill and nobody does it :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered 50 feet of Kilmat 50 mil for sound deadening. That will get me started, and probably need more when I do the doors.

Edit: cancelled it, I think I’m going with something thicker although this gets great reviews. I need to do my homework and not jump into it. I want to do shit right. There’s just so many different products.
Reordered it in 80 mil. I think that will do. It’s only 36 feet so I’ll have a chance to see.
upload_2020-1-12_19-37-19.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E03B0D4B-C144-4DB4-B63B-DE9AD7D4FB77.jpeg And I spent a couple hours on the driver seat. The design that GM came up with to replace the Velcro in the grooves sucks, and I’m pretty sure these seats have been reupholstered once before. At least half those clips broke and I’m thinking I need a new driver bottom (at least) foam. I don’t see any way to repair those clips and the horizontal seam looks bad since it won’t stay down in the groove. I think I’ll look online to see if there’s a way to fix those or else it’s more $$.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 238473 And I spent a couple hours on the driver seat. The design that GM came up with to replace the Velcro in the grooves sucks, and I’m pretty sure these seats have been reupholstered once before. At least half those clips broke and I’m thinking I need a new driver bottom (at least) foam. I don’t see any way to repair those clips and the horizontal seam looks bad since it won’t stay down in the groove. I think I’ll look online to see if there’s a way to fix those or else it’s more $$.
Post some pics of what broke.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post some pics of what broke.
I just got a message back from the seller on eBay and was coming back on to update when I saw your post. He said the workaround is to use long zip ties through the foam and attach to the springs. Seems like a good idea as opposed to $100 for each piece of new foam. It’s the little plastic snap clips that are in the creases of the foam, where the seams of the seat pull into the grooves. Used to be hog rings, then they went to Velcro strips, now there’s just a few plastic clips. Look deep in the crack lmao. Those little orange things that snap onto the plastic channels sewed to the covers. Push on one side and they open up to release. Or break.
upload_2020-1-13_20-35-6.png

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 50 feet of Kilmat 50 mil for sound deadening. That will get me started, and probably need more when I do the doors.

Edit: cancelled it, I think I’m going with something thicker although this gets great reviews. I need to do my homework and not jump into it. I want to do shit right. There’s just so many different products.
Reordered it in 80 mil. I think that will do. It’s only 36 feet so I’ll have a chance to see.
View attachment 238401

Thin or "normal" layer over as much of the metal as you can, then tile heavier 2"x2" or 4"x4" squares about 3"-4" apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz