Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Putting the glove box back together tonight, on the last screw holding the inside cover on, and found out the one I used was too long. The hard way. Of course I decided just then to use the impact instead of hand driving it or else I would have noticed it bottoming out. So I pulled the piece, removed the wrap and sanded out the bump but I ran out of wrap. It will be here tomorrow.

View attachment 236745 View attachment 236746 View attachment 236747 View attachment 236748 View attachment 236749

Can't help but laugh at the picture of you putting your interior trim back with a impact.....:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid interior paint. It’s just black, how hard can that be, right? I tried my Krylon Fusion Matte Black. Not even close. Went to a local place that sells SEM. I found the supposedly right one, WA167a, SEM 4969. They didn’t show a cross reference with those numbers but said it should be the Matte Black SEM. NOPE. I had to go online and order a can of WA167a from 66autocolor.com. Probably take 2 weeks to get it and it was $34 shipped. Damn.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid interior paint. It’s just black, how hard can that be, right? I tried my Krylon Fusion Matte Black. Not even close. Went to a local place that sells SEM. I found the supposedly right one, WA167a, SEM 4969. They didn’t show a cross reference with those numbers but said it should be the Matte Black SEM. NOPE. I had to go online and order a can of WA167a from 66autocolor.com. Probably take 2 weeks to get it and it was $34 shipped. Damn.

How much would a replacement door cost? I know a new one from the dealer would be high, but are there any trucks around you being parted out?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much would a replacement door cost? I know a new one from the dealer would be high, but are there any trucks around you being parted out?
I doubt it but on EBay they’re going for $125-150.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt it but on EBay they’re going for $125-150.

If that paint doesn't match to your liking, let me know. I see trucks being parted out all over the place down here. I'd guess they'd let something like a glovebox door go for ~$50.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you go with brushed aluminum? Just wondering... I had a hard time figuring out if I wanted to cover my woodgrain, but now that I did the whole steering wheel, I guess I'm keeping the wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts