Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
link for the 14-18 style key fobs?
Well…yes. Boost Auto sells them here.

As for the cases- the Boost ones come with plastic edged cases. I like the metal edged ones- they’re more robust. Plus the metal,is easily painted. For mine thus time, I copied the description from an old eBay order and pasted it into my Amazon Prime and it came up with several options. It depends on if you have remote start or not.
Here’s that description:

keyless entry remote car key fob shell case cover for m3n-32337100 3b

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent all summer building stuff around the house. The trucks have been performing flawlessly, not a single breakdown this year. I just changed the oil in this one, 178,700 miles. It took me well over a year to drive 3000 miles. Since I’m retired I don’t drive that much. This truck will last me for the rest of my life easily at this rate. It suits me and the dog just fine.

I did pull a sample for Blackstone Labs and I’ll come back with the results. And I’m planning on adding my home projects here, I just need to take the time to do it. There’s some pretty cool things I’ve designed and built in the garage and such. It’s been a super nice summer here, not too many hot days over 90. Now with fall in the air, things are beautiful here in the PNW.IMG_1237.jpegIMG_5885.jpeg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent all summer building stuff around the house. The trucks have been performing flawlessly, not a single breakdown this year. I just changed the oil in this one, 178,700 miles. It took me well over a year to drive 3000 miles. Since I’m retired I don’t drive that much. This truck will last me for the rest of my life easily at this rate. It suits me and the dog just fine.

I did pull a sample for Blackstone Labs and I’ll come back with the results. And I’m planning on adding my home projects here, I just need to take the time to do it. There’s some pretty cool things I’ve designed and built in the garage and such. It’s been a super nice summer here, not too many hot days over 90. Now with fall in the air, things are beautiful here in the PNW.View attachment 414005View attachment 414006
Doggie and Mark!!! :D

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw you still haven't done the fuel pump upgrade. I've been looking at this for my upgrade on a rig of mine. https://atomicfabandperformance.com/product/afpsurgetank/ looks to be pretty easy to upgrade for power.
You’re gonna make the 950-2000 hp that system is designed for? Fir me, I’d spend some of that money where needed- bigger injectors. Besides a bigger pump, I’d need to pull the blower to install bigger injectors since Whipple doesn’t let you do that without pulling it and that’s a real PIA. And I’d need a 2- bar tune and do away with the MAF. I’m ok with what it makes. It’s a blast to drive and it’s reliable.

Chrisw_2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
he's not makng that kind of power.... oem pump is good for more than 500hp
thought he said he was looking at doing dual pumps along with a 2 bar map sensor.
You’re gonna make the 950-2000 hp that system is designed for? Fir me, I’d spend some of that money where needed- bigger injectors. Besides a bigger pump, I’d need to pull the blower to install bigger injectors since Whipple doesn’t let you do that without pulling it and that’s a real PIA. And I’d need a 2- bar tune and do away with the MAF. I’m ok with what it makes. It’s a blast to drive and it’s reliable.
yeah, my duramax makes a bit over 620whp/1100ftlbs. Plans for my gmt800 are a big turbo l92, 6l90 and supporting mods. i'll hit 1k with it and be done. I usually start at the bottom and go up, brakes, suspension, fuel.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thought he said he was looking at doing dual pumps along with a 2 bar map sensor.

yeah, my duramax makes a bit over 620whp/1100ftlbs. Plans for my gmt800 are a big turbo l92, 6l90 and supporting mods. i'll hit 1k with it and be done. I usually start at the bottom and go up, brakes, suspension, fuel.
Yeah I’m not interested in that much power for a daily. I have a hard enough time keeping fuel in the tank as it is. Do a build thread on it when you do, there’s only a few 1000 hp SUV’s here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo