Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did the hood I noticed the DS cowl piece was missing two clip mounts so I ordered a used one off eBay. They want like $60 for a new one. I think I paid $20 for one that’s like new. Good thing it wasn’t the other side, thats an Escalade one with no antenna hole and we all know those are impossible to find now.

Attachments

• IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5263.jpeg
    IMG_5263.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this thread and that’s because nothings broke lately. Well except the driver seat. The back rest will adjust backwards but not forwards. Which really sucks since I checked it a couple times and now it’s fairly reclined. I hear a click but no forward so now I have to put a pillow behind my back to drive. Not a good time to fix it since I’ve got 2-3 other outside projects I’m working on atm.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I decided to try fixing the seat. After removing it I remembered the threaded Rod on the outside of the seat base is associated with the recliner function so I inspected the electrical components. There’s a motor and a mechanism that looks like a solenoid with a plunger that pushes against the cable drive that the motor turns. I have no idea how it works or what part is not working and none of it is designed to be replaced since it’s all riveted in place. The new seat bottoms aren’t available anymore. I decided to just remove the motor and chuck that cable in my drill and adjusted the angle until it felt right and then reinstalled the seat. Of course I cut the shit out of my finger doing it but hey the seat is comfy again. And I can no longer accidentally recline it because that sucked when it kept reclining more and more but not coming back up :p

Attachments

• IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5581.jpeg
    IMG_5581.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5580.jpeg
    IMG_5580.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5579.jpeg
    IMG_5579.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5577.jpeg
    IMG_5577.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 12

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I decided to try fixing the seat. After removing it I remembered the threaded Rod on the outside of the seat base is associated with the recliner function so I inspected the electrical components. There’s a motor and a mechanism that looks like a solenoid with a plunger that pushes against the cable drive that the motor turns. I have no idea how it works or what part is not working and none of it is designed to be replaced since it’s all riveted in place. The new seat bottoms aren’t available anymore. I decided to just remove the motor and chuck that cable in my drill and adjusted the angle until it felt right and then reinstalled the seat. Of course I cut the shit out of my finger doing it but hey the seat is comfy again. And I can no longer accidentally recline it because that sucked when it kept reclining more and more but not coming back up :p
Are you giving the bird to your truck?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that issue with my drivers seat last year. The forward motors in the 2003 seats have that same rod that hooks into the seats tracks. Got it all the way forward only for it to get stuck that way because the forward motor broke in the middle and wouldn’t connect to the rod to move it backwards along the track. Was not fun getting in there and getting that motor piece out and reconnecting a functioning one to the rod to get it to move again. Many cute and scrapes all over my hands by the time it was all said and done. I feel your pain! Nice work!

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. That sucks. Ingenious solution. Nice job.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a new fob for The Beast. Color matched the metal bands on both truck’s fobs so I can tell which are which from a glance.

Attachments

• IMG_5736.jpeg
    IMG_5736.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5735.jpeg
    IMG_5735.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads