Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D’oh! Sorry Mark, just saw this. I guess from
One end to the other , they are maybe 8”..? I did get the 145°boot. Seem shorter than that, but possibly.
That’s ok, like I said I’m buying the same ones so I can swap them out individually as needed. I’m gonna try plugs to see if that’s the problem. I’m not holding my breath though. I have had a small intake leak according to Justin for a long time and always figured I’d need to R&R the blower. I have all new gaskets, they’ve been sitting on a shelf waiting for the dreaded time they’re needed. I guess if it needs to be done there probably isn’t a better time. I’m not working and The Machine isn’t torn down. Plus it’s a good time of the year- it’s not Winter. Sigh. Still sucks.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s ok, like I said I’m buying the same ones so I can swap them out individually as needed. I’m gonna try plugs to see if that’s the problem. I’m not holding my breath though. I have had a small intake leak according to Justin for a long time and always figured I’d need to R&R the blower. I have all new gaskets, they’ve been sitting on a shelf waiting for the dreaded time they’re needed. I guess if it needs to be done there probably isn’t a better time. I’m not working and The Machine isn’t torn down. Plus it’s a good time of the year- it’s not Winter. Sigh. Still sucks.
Definitely sucks. Still hoping for the best / easiest solution. You still need a measurement.?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, cool. So you got the 9070c, with the 145° “boot”.?
No,I got the same ones I have, they’re a no name custom set. They are the first ones I haven’t had any issues with. This way I can just replace the one or two that break when I remove them and use the rest as spares because I swear no matter that I use dielectric grease, there’s always one or two that pull apart because the part that snaps on the plug doesn’t wanna come off so it stays on the plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351925993115

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check those plugs Mark can’t hurt. Any kind of buildup they start to misfire in my experience. These trucks are real sensitive to that.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check those plugs Mark can’t hurt. Any kind of buildup they start to misfire in my experience. These trucks are real sensitive to that.
Yeah, that’s pretty much my last thing to check. So I looked in my records to see when the last time I changed the plugs. It said 2/9/20 at 169,150 miles I put in Rutheniums. That brought back memories of that failed experiment. And thank god for this build thread, because I was able to go back and read up on what was going on. The Beast hated those plugs, misfires like crazy so bad it would barely run. That was 14 months ago, and I ended up installing the same plugs that have worked great since installing the blower but don't last long- NGK TR6 copper. I'm going to install a fresh set. I tried to go see what my mileage is right now but I cant read the mileage in the daytime since I installed 2-3 layers of blue film over the PRNDL display which I now need to remove at least one layer of. I'm feeling more like it might be the same issue again- it likes the cheap copper plugs but they don't last long. Come to think of it, for the last couple months it's been hard to start at times, kinda runs a bit rough until I give it some throttle for a sec and then it's fine. So I'm feeling more and more like that might be it. It's raining for a couple days but I'll swap them in soon. Oh crap, I'll have to wait for the new wires. Oh well, no hurry. It still seems to run OK just throws the code. And I don't drive much anyway right now. Here's a link to where I changed them last time. Rutheniums were swapped back to TR6's.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ali-build-thread-aka-the-beast.83457/page-263

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack