Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the driver door re-tinted today. It had started peeling up from a lower corner. A few days ago I noticed it and out a piece of tape to hold it until I could get an appointment. The guy did these a few years ago but remembered the truck. He charged me $40 for the one, and I pulled the door panel this time so he could tuck the bottom lower, past the weatherstripping.

401FD301-46E5-475A-9C8A-389FB8C4251D.jpeg 688D76F7-9853-4FBC-9D82-FE5786BA2409.jpeg 57212D3C-FC1A-4E14-ADE1-126FADF01A25.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had the driver door re-tinted today. It had started peeling up from a lower corner. A few days ago I noticed it and out a piece of tape to hold it until I could get an appointment. The guy did these a few years ago but remembered the truck. He charged me $40 for the one, and I pulled the door panel this time so he could tuck the bottom lower, past the weatherstripping.

View attachment 273535 View attachment 273536 View attachment 273537
That was cheap. I need to redo mine--it peeled from using the tape to hold it up when I had to do the regulator on the ps. I'll most likely need to do both due to fading--won't match.

Pharaoh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been reading through this thread since this morning. Got about 125 pages left to go. This is an epic build and has given me some great ideas for mods/changes to my '05 Denali. Props to you my friend.

Question for you running the 22" snowflakes w/305s. How do you like the drop? 2/4 IIRC. I'm running the same tire/wheel combo and am shopping for drops, but have really been eye's the 3-4/5-6 from Tony. How's the rubbing, bumps, ride, etc on the 2/4?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been reading through this thread since this morning. Got about 125 pages left to go. This is an epic build and has given me some great ideas for mods/changes to my '05 Denali. Props to you my friend.

Question for you running the 22" snowflakes w/305s. How do you like the drop? 2/4 IIRC. I'm running the same tire/wheel combo and am shopping for drops, but have really been eye's the 3-4/5-6 from Tony. How's the rubbing, bumps, ride, etc on the 2/4?
I’d say the drop is perfect for these tires. I was running 305/26’s and had a bit of rubbing in the front but nothing with these. I could go 305/24’s too I feel with no rubbing. You might be able to go another inch down, not sure.

Pharaoh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d say the drop is perfect for these tires. I was running 305/26’s and had a bit of rubbing in the front but nothing with these. I could go 305/24’s too I feel with no rubbing. You might be able to go another inch down, not sure.
Awesome thanks. The 6" springs are out of stock at Tony's so I'm debating on just going 3/4 to get it done.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a P0300 yesterday, random misfires. Cleared it and got it again. Cleared it again and drove to Home Depot and back and didn’t get it but I hooked up the Tech2 and cylinder 4 misfires were pretty bad and #5 had quite a few. I’m hoping it’s just plug wires again. I’ve had nothing but troubles since the headers but I thought I had that issue resolved with the short custom made ones with heat shield built into them. I installed those 2 years ago and haven’t had any issues. I’ll try swapping #4 with another wire and if the misfires follow I’ll get a set of the ceramic Accel 9070c that others have had good luck with. Sure hope it’s not the supercharger manifold leaking again. That things a ***** to R&R.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a P0300 yesterday, random misfires. Cleared it and got it again. Cleared it again and drove to Home Depot and back and didn’t get it but I hooked up the Tech2 and cylinder 4 misfires were pretty bad and #5 had quite a few. I’m hoping it’s just plug wires again. I’ve had nothing but troubles since the headers but I thought I had that issue resolved with the short custom made ones with heat shield built into them. I installed those 2 years ago and haven’t had any issues. I’ll try swapping #4 with another wire and if the misfires follow I’ll get a set of the ceramic Accel 9070c that others have had good luck with. Sure hope it’s not the supercharger manifold leaking again. That things a ***** to R&R.
Hope that’s all it is Mark! Still very happy with my Accel 9070C wires.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope that’s all it is Mark! Still very happy with my Accel 9070C wires.
It’s looking like the blower has a manifold leak. I put a different plug wire on and swapped coils and it’s no better. And of course when I pulled that plug wire off, the metal clip stayed on the plug so that wire is done. Which means a new set. I was looking at the Accel ceramic 9070C like you have @Sam Harris but I need to know how long they are. The ones I found that work perfect are exactly 8” long end to end. I don’t suppose there’s a way to measure yours Sam? I don’t want you to pull one off and take a chance on messing it up but maybe you could pull an end off a coil and try to measure and just get a close guess? I don’t wanna spend $125 and find out they’re too long.

Edit: NVM Sam, I just ordered the same ones I have. It makes more sense since I can just replace whatever I need and use the others as spares.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s looking like the blower has a manifold leak. I put a different plug wire on and swapped coils and it’s no better. And of course when I pulled that plug wire off, the metal clip stayed on the plug so that wire is done. Which means a new set. I was looking at the Accel ceramic 9070C like you have @Sam Harris but I need to know how long they are. The ones I found that work perfect are exactly 8” long end to end. I don’t suppose there’s a way to measure yours Sam? I don’t want you to pull one off and take a chance on messing it up but maybe you could pull an end off a coil and try to measure and just get a close guess? I don’t wanna spend $125 and find out they’re too long.

Edit: NVM Sam, I just ordered the same ones I have. It makes more sense since I can just replace whatever I need and use the others as spares.
D’oh! Sorry Mark, just saw this. I guess from
One end to the other , they are maybe 8”..? I did get the 145°boot. Seem shorter than that, but possibly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec