Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading a thread where @Sam Harris was asking about a more modern looking shark fin anc I ended up ordering this eBay pos thats a cover that goes over an existing base after you remove thd mast. If has a little circuit board inside and a cable that’s supposed to take the place as the mast. Seemed like a halfway decent idea Jimmy. But just like I figured, it’s big. Plus it’s perfectly flat on the bottom and a NBS roof is curved so there would be gaps. It’s supposed to attach with 3M tape. So it’s a hard no for me. It was only $7 so meh. I plan on seeing if the NNBS one on my Silverado will fit The Beast.

6072E998-046C-499D-B6ED-C0D26D6B7A62.jpeg 6F58B43A-80D4-4291-B458-BD22E8431848.jpeg 59AE5F23-1236-4BD4-9AD6-1060FBA83F2E.jpeg 6BC49C4E-B372-4A20-B358-71771CC663A5.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading a thread where @Sam Harris was asking about a more modern looking shark fin anc I ended up ordering this eBay pos thats a cover that goes over an existing base after you remove thd mast. If has a little circuit board inside and a cable that’s supposed to take the place as the mast. Seemed like a halfway decent idea Jimmy. But just like I figured, it’s big. Plus it’s perfectly flat on the bottom and a NBS roof is curved so there would be gaps. It’s supposed to attach with 3M tape. So it’s a hard no for me. It was only $7 so meh. I plan on seeing if the NNBS one on my Silverado will fit The Beast.

View attachment 269564 View attachment 269565 View attachment 269566 View attachment 269567
Thanks Mark! I think the NNBS one would look much better on our NBS’. Looking forward to your results! [emoji16][emoji106]

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C1B15924-03BB-476A-8CB1-06D8ED9C2826.jpeg A84758FF-5AB0-4C45-A241-04C01F05C909.jpeg 64224FDF-DF3D-4C91-BAC6-86C19DCBE613.jpeg BE1392D5-CA6E-4E13-BF78-EBEC3B4B4F0A.jpeg On another note that has NOTHING to do with trucks kinda like someone else’s build thread....I just finished up building my first Murphy door. I have this area under my stairs in my Great Room that never has had a (short) door, and the interior was never finished either except some scraps of sheet rock nailed up. It’s always been an eyesore and I’ve tried several things, like those beads that hang down in strings to a child gate but i never figured out what to do with it as far as a door. Then I was thinking about a Murphy bed and maybe a hidden door came to mind so after some googling I found the Murphy door idea. I built it to look like the areas in both bathrooms where I built shelves into the wall. I think it came out awesome, I’m pretty happy.:) It could be a great place to go hide if somebody needed to have the shit scared out of them and they didn’t know it was there lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 269568 View attachment 269569 View attachment 269570 View attachment 269571 On another note that has NOTHING to do with trucks kinda like someone else’s build thread....I just finished up building my first Murphy door. I have this area under my stairs in my Great Room that never has had a (short) door, and the interior was never finished either except some scraps of sheet rock nailed up. It’s always been an eyesore and I’ve tried several things, like those beads that hang down in strings to a child gate but i never figured out what to do with it as far as a door. Then I was thinking about a Murphy bed and maybe a hidden door came to mind so after some googling I found the Murphy door idea. I built it to look like the areas in both bathrooms where I built shelves into the wall. I think it came out awesome, I’m pretty happy.:) It could be a great place to go hide if somebody needed to have the shit scared out of them and they didn’t know it was there lol.
Someone else's build thread doesn't have trucks in it?? Those *****........LOL
That looks great Mark. I like it. Is that flooring Pergo? That's an awesome hidey hole. The hinges are on the inside, correct?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone se's build thread doesn't have trucks in it?? Thise *****........LOL
That looks great Mark. I like it. Is that flooring Pergo? That's an awesome hidey hole. The hinges are on the inside, correct?
The flooring is the cheapest vinyl flooring I could get at HD lol. It’s ok for a closet though.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 269568 View attachment 269569 View attachment 269570 View attachment 269571 On another note that has NOTHING to do with trucks kinda like someone else’s build thread....I just finished up building my first Murphy door. I have this area under my stairs in my Great Room that never has had a (short) door, and the interior was never finished either except some scraps of sheet rock nailed up. It’s always been an eyesore and I’ve tried several things, like those beads that hang down in strings to a child gate but i never figured out what to do with it as far as a door. Then I was thinking about a Murphy bed and maybe a hidden door came to mind so after some googling I found the Murphy door idea. I built it to look like the areas in both bathrooms where I built shelves into the wall. I think it came out awesome, I’m pretty happy.:) It could be a great place to go hide if somebody needed to have the shit scared out of them and they didn’t know it was there lol.
That’s badass!! Excellent work Mark!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone else's build thread doesn't have trucks in it?? Those *****........LOL

They’re pivot hinges and are at the top and bottom with the pivot point out towards the front, not at the door jamb.

That’s badass!! Excellent work Mark!
Thanks Sam!
image.jpg 46F00635-8A1A-46F5-BEE6-D00CDD6E6E5A.jpeg

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW those hinges have a big ball bearing inside that the weight rides on. The thing is so smooth and solid that the stuff on the shelves doesn’t move a bit. It was a ***** to figure out how to make them work, there’s no diagrams or instructions. If you look for Murphy door hinges, all I found was sets from $125-$150 but I found this set on Amazon for $10. They’re simple but work great. And there’s zero instructions or customer service lmao. You just gotta figure out where to mount them and how to make the door open without the trim pieces hitting anything. It was kinda fun. I did a mock-up of the bottom of the door and went from there.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dope AF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny