Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fuuuck. After freezing rain followed by 4-6” of snow it started freezing rain again. I have been trying to keep the snow off the canopy over the Silverado and earlier I poked a big hole in it. Then just now I was shaking the top to get the ice to break- ***** 3/8” thick so far- and it started splitting at the ridge. And according to the forecast tonight is supposed to be the worst with 8-12” of snow or up to an inch of freezing rain. It was time to say bye bye to the canvas so I cut it off. I’m hoping I can brace the back deck in the morning- I pulled all the snow off it with a rake on a long pole today but idk about the ice. Hoping it’s not collapsed in the morning. ****.

View attachment 270673 View attachment 270674 View attachment 270675 View attachment 270676 View attachment 270677

Crud. Do not like!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Fuuuck. After freezing rain followed by 4-6” of snow it started freezing rain again. I have been trying to keep the snow off the canopy over the Silverado and earlier I poked a big hole in it. Then just now I was shaking the top to get the ice to break- ***** 3/8” thick so far- and it started splitting at the ridge. And according to the forecast tonight is supposed to be the worst with 8-12” of snow or up to an inch of freezing rain. It was time to say bye bye to the canvas so I cut it off. I’m hoping I can brace the back deck in the morning- I pulled all the snow off it with a rake on a long pole today but idk about the ice. Hoping it’s not collapsed in the morning. ****.

View attachment 270673 View attachment 270674 View attachment 270675 View attachment 270676 View attachment 270677
You guys aren't used to this shit!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn!

Hope that stuff doesn’t freeze “The Machine” to the ground.
It probably is but it will thaw in a few days. I decided **** it, braced the patio roof too. I wannabe able to sleep tonight. Already ordered a new canopy top earlier after the first tear. I think it was already weak from UV damage. Hey guys the weather people said this ***** headed your way, from here all the way across the country. You get some of this too!

4317B57C-BAAC-47E8-A4C0-200237AB2976.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
An inch of freezing rain? Yeah it’s been a few years. It’s ****** when you get 4” of snow, then 1/4” of freezing rain, then 6-12” of snow then 1/2” of freezing rain. It’s the worst way to get a winter storm.
Agreed on that. We've been getting snow off and on lately. Supposed to get it for another week--but you know how that'll change.20210212_230653.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on that. We've been getting snow off and on lately. Supposed to get it for another week--but you know how that'll change.View attachment 270680
Snow is one thing. Snow in a relatively flat part of the country is gravy. This shit with layers of freezing rain and layers of snow in an area with mountains like we have here sucks. Half this city is the west hills which are mountains to most of the country. I-5 , our main N-S interstate, goes right through them on the other side of the city. Add that to the fact we don’t use salt and don’t have many plows. And half the population has moved here from places that never get snow so our roads get plugged up with idiots. I swear even the truck drivers coming through have no clue, one jackknifed on our other main N-S interstate, 205, and closed it down for awhile tonight. Plus we have a little phenomenon known as the Columbia River Gorge, which funnels winds into the east side of the city at 50-75 mph coming from the east side of state due to a low pressure off the coast. Which right now is causing blizzard conditions on our only east-west interstate, 84. It’s whiteout conditions up there now and the east wind has been blowing at my place at 30-40 mph today. We get some shit, just not often that the storms come from the west off the ocean and run into the frigid east wind but it is now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364