Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about foster kids but when my son was in group homes the school district pays them anywhere from 10-15k per month per kid! it's a racket, there are places here where they have bought a few acres with 5/6 homes on them and each home has anywhere from 4-8 kids per home so that's a monthly income of say 700k, they buy 15 passenger vans and hire students looking to get into child mental health for probably bottom bracket pay to "supervise" the kids 24/7.
Having been in foster care from 2004 to 2011, anyone that is in it for the money is doing the kids they take in a big disservice. We got a monthly stipend of around $500 when we had a child placed with us. That helped pay for clothes, food, diapers, etc. The State of Iowa would pay for daycare and provide WIC checks that we were required to participate in. We knew of foster couples, I won't use the term foster parent with them, that would only take special needs kids because they had a higher monthly stipend and require that the State keep 5 kids placed with them at a time. That gave them $2500 - $3000 a month in stipend money, tax free, and that is what they would live off of. Made me sick to see people get into foster care as a business and not to actually love on the kids that were placed with them.

I had one person in the foster system that was one of the "5 kids people" tell me that I needed to learn to not get attached to the kids that are placed with us. I told them that if they were not willing to get attached to the kid then they had no business getting into foster care. That is what the kids need. She said, just wait, you will learn better, and then huffed off. Never did learn. We had a total of 6 kids placed with us during our time. We adopted our first and last placements and still miss the 4 others that we had in our homes for anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
not at all
you tried & gave him more than enough chances, it sounds like.
his parents obviously failed him.

your house, your rules.

hopefully your daughter sees the situation from your point of view & then sees he is a leach.
then realizes he is holding her back.
tread lightly if you have a conversation about dumping him. womenz get a little overly touchy on that topic at times. LOL

i would have punched that little ***** in the nose & asked, what was that?
:nutkick:
X2.. that’s honestly what I thought was coming after he made that douchebag remark.
Someone unrelated to me talks to me like that in my own home while I’m providing them with a roof over their head.. yeah I think they’d get a knuckle sammich.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Having been in foster care from 2004 to 2011, anyone that is in it for the money is doing the kids they take in a big disservice. We got a monthly stipend of around $500 when we had a child placed with us. That helped pay for clothes, food, diapers, etc. The State of Iowa would pay for daycare and provide WIC checks that we were required to participate in. We knew of foster couples, I won't use the term foster parent with them, that would only take special needs kids because they had a higher monthly stipend and require that the State keep 5 kids placed with them at a time. That gave them $2500 - $3000 a month in stipend money, tax free, and that is what they would live off of. Made me sick to see people get into foster care as a business and not to actually love on the kids that were placed with them.

I had one person in the foster system that was one of the "5 kids people" tell me that I needed to learn to not get attached to the kids that are placed with us. I told them that if they were not willing to get attached to the kid then they had no business getting into foster care. That is what the kids need. She said, just wait, you will learn better, and then huffed off. Never did learn. We had a total of 6 kids placed with us during our time. We adopted our first and last placements and still miss the 4 others that we had in our homes for anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.
You mean pieces of shit like this?
https://www.weau.com/content/news/U...of-kids-in-cages-in-Monroe-Co--491803721.html

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157