Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad made it very clear to me when I would get a little rammy that until I paid the mortgage, utility bill, insurance and food bill, I didn't have a vote on how things went in the house.

Kind of like when I tell folks at work when they don’t like a policy or job assignment. “Until you sign your paycheck on the front, you don’t get to make all the decisions.”

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did the right thing! He should've gone well before now. 8 months is a long time to just sit around. I have a feeling that the "MAN" pool is getting slimmer by the day in Portland. This is just based off the things I seen when I was there last year. I bunch of man bun types. Not all, just more than I'm accustomed to seeing...

Hopefully she finds a good one. Hate to see your daughter support a lazy man for the rest of her life.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
My dad made it very clear to me when I would get a little rammy that until I paid the mortgage, utility bill, insurance and food bill, I did have a vote on how things went in the house.

Kind of like when I tell folks at work when they don’t like a policy or job assignment. “Until you sign your paycheck on the front, you don’t get to make all the decisions.”

I started doing this with my son, he's 6 :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as him getting a job, a month ago Amazon sent out fliers with a note that said they were giving out hiring bonuses of $1000 and the jobs came with full benefits- including health care which his theater job doesn’t provide- and started out at the same pay he was making. He was not interested at all. He is still on his old sleep schedule- rolls out of bed at 1-2 in the afternoon ( his job started at around 3-4:00) and then played video games until the middle of the night. With his headphones on, and I could always hear him in the other room - annoying but at least he used to be fairly quiet. Meanwhile my daughter is doing online nursing class one day a week, working 8 hours of nurse duties three days a week as part of schooling, working 8 hours of nurses assistant as her regular job 3 days a week, and another 8 hour regular shift so 3 days a week she works 16 hours straight and 2 days a week she works 8. She was dealing with Covid patients for months until they eventually moved them out of her facility. So I don’t know how she doesn’t resent him. She’s trying to save up to buy a house. His parents have lied to him about how much they make. They have 3 troubled foster children and they both work for Head Start where they don’t make much but they eat out at nice restaurants 4-5 days a week with all 4 kids, take 5-6 trips a year to all over, drive a brand new Chevy Tahoe and Silverado, and had the gall to tell him he made as much money as they did last year. They didn’t mention how much they rake in fostering, which must be a lot. My daughter knows they lie to him, we have talked about it. That’s part of the reason his mommy told him he was buying a brand new car. There’s one other thing that really pissed me off last week too. He would get up at 1-2 in the afternoon, then he would sometimes take off to go see mommy and never would tell me when he was leaving or when he came back. I couldn’t hear because of the way the house is laid out. So I never knew if he was home or not unless I went outside to look for his car. So at about 9:00 at night he comes home, doesn’t turn on a light and walks into the living room which is in front of the house and I’m in the back of the house in the great room watching tv. I think I hear something, the fog alerts, so I start to walk in there and dude walks out of the dark room into the light and I about stabbed him. ******* heart attack. At that point I told him he needed to let me know when he was coming and going, to announce himself as a courtesy. Which of course he didn’t like and tried to make that incident seem like it was me with a problem, what he did was normal. *******.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about foster kids but when my son was in group homes the school district pays them anywhere from 10-15k per month per kid! it's a racket, there are places here where they have bought a few acres with 5/6 homes on them and each home has anywhere from 4-8 kids per home so that's a monthly income of say 700k, they buy 15 passenger vans and hire students looking to get into child mental health for probably bottom bracket pay to "supervise" the kids 24/7.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about foster kids but when my son was in group homes the school district pays them anywhere from 10-15k per month per kid! it's a racket, there are places here where they have bought a few acres with 5/6 homes on them and each home has anywhere from 4-8 kids per home so that's a monthly income of say 700k, they buy 15 passenger vans and hire students looking to get into child mental health for probably bottom bracket pay to "supervise" the kids 24/7.
Yeah the use their son to watch either the foster kid, their adopted kid, their dogs while they’re on another trip,etc. I told my daughter he is gonna be at his parents house 4 weeks a year watching the dogs or whatever for the rest of his life. Good luck finding time for him to take a vacation with her. Or the money to do it. He does this for free of course, he says that’s what families do for each other. I never went back to my parents house once I moved out, my parents never relied on their kids to interrupt their lives for a week while they flew to Mexico. That’s ridiculous imo. Like I said, mommas boy. I think that’s why they lie to him about their income, so he does shit for free.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2. **** all that. And you don’t want your daughter with that loser either!!
Of course not but there’s nothing I can do about that. I’ll say a few things but I need to be careful, because you know if I push she will cling to him even more. She already makes excuses for him for everything. She needs to realize what a loser he is herself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick