Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
“She” has a vinyl cutting machine. What sort of clever word could I put on this newly smoothed ridge of these calipers?

Hmmm…. “B-I-M-B-O” Like a brembo knock off, done in a similar font?

I’ll have to ponder, and a ponder I will.

Nooj

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that was sorta easy. I just took the ol 60 grit flapper wheel to the caliper ridge and knocked off about .11” then cleaned it up with a 220 grit rolock on the angle grinder; And that gave me enough clearance for the big ugly 20’s to fit without rubbing. Still close- but they fit! Crisis averted!

View attachment 378623
You might want to go take a few hard corners and see it the wheels hit. That looks pretty tight to me. Great news though, I’d say you got lucky. Those wheels must have more clearance than stockers, might be a different offset.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
You might want to go take a few hard corners and see it the wheels hit. That looks pretty tight to me. Great news though, I’d say you got lucky. Those wheels must have more clearance than stockers, might be a different offset.
I guess I didn’t consider the wheels flexing. I assumed their position relative to the calipers would be constant, but you’re right about the cornering.
The good thing is, I think I have plenty of meat left on the caliper if I need to shave off a little more.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Should I grind the ridge on the new calipers, add spacers, or steal some stock rims that will clear?

Nooj

Steal some other wheels that fit and put those back on the riced-out Sentra whence they came.

For now, and since it IS a Z71, spacers would be a cheap and viable solution. Just get hub-centric and keep 'em minimal, like 1.5". You might like the stance and be prompted to lif tít a little. Or lift it.

*EDIT* Never mind. I saw you fixed this in post #69 (giggity)

I'd shave as much as I safely could off that caliper rather than just the bare minimum to clear. Parts flex more than one would think. Shit flapping in the spokes is only cool on your Huffy.

Oh- and +1 vote for the "BÏMBO" done in the "BREMBO" font. (BÏMBO: I use the Windows special character map to circumvent the forum's censor nanny)

Last edited:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steal some other wheels that fit and put those back on the riced-out Sentra whence they came.

For now, and since it IS a Z71, spacers would be a cheap and viable solution. Just get hub-centric and keep 'em minimal, like 1.5". You might like the stance and be prompted to lif tít a little. Or lift it.

*EDIT* Never mind. I saw you fixed this in post #69 (giggity)

I'd shave as much as I safely could off that caliper rather than just the bare minimum to clear. Parts flex more than one would think. Shit flapping in the spokes is only cool on your Huffy.

Oh- and +1 vote for the "BÏMBO" done in the "BREMBO" font. (BÏMBO: I use the Windows special character map to circumvent the forum's censor nanny)

Son of a *****. Son of a bîŤćħ. :D:D:happy107::hands:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reel it back in a little, Pawpaw! You only need to replace one of the letters in a word to sneak by.

"bítch"

I added the Character Map to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen for quick access to my expletive freedom. ;)
Already ahead of you, thanks for the tip!!! Been feeling suppressed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyJoe96

Latest posts