Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The rims offered in trade are 17’s. I’m not sure about the tires… they’re probably maypops, like the ones in the turd now. I had a set of all terrain take-offs lined up, for my 20’s, from a dude at work.

I taint never had 20’s, I also taint never had wheels that ugly! But dern, they was free, and I had newish tires lined up. I’m going to mull this over some more. Let the mulling continue!

Nooj
If you do decide to swap, if your brakes are already mounted--mount those 17's on and take it for a ride around the block with lots of turns and dips. If they're 17's they SHOULD be ok.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do decide to swap, if your brakes are already mounted--mount those 17's on and take it for a ride around the block with lots of turns and dips. If they're 17's they SHOULD be ok.
Those calipers are the K2x I believe, not the NNBS. If they are, there is a big write up on fitting wheels on them. Most of the NBS and NNBS wheels won’t fit, and the calipers will require grinding regardless iirc. @Nooj what calipers are those?

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Those calipers are the K2x I believe, not the NNBS. If they are, there is a big write up on fitting wheels on them. Most of the NBS and NNBS wheels won’t fit, and the calipers will require grinding regardless iirc. @Nooj what calipers are those?
These are the 2020 4 piston T1 calipers. I’ve been scrolling through one of the loooong swap threads to see which stockers will fit. The search continues.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the 2020 4 piston T1 calipers. I’ve been scrolling through one of the loooong swap threads to see which stockers will fit. The search continues.
That’s what I thought. I know there was a caliper being shipped from member to member to test wheel fitting. Seems you have to grind the raised areas on the calipers and then they fit with some of the stock wheels but possibly with a 1/4” spacer, even after the grinding. I don’t think there’s a way to find out if a wheel fits without trying it. That’s the reason for that 60+ page thread on the subject.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The rims offered in trade are 17’s. I’m not sure about the tires… they’re probably maypops, like the ones in the turd now. I had a set of all terrain take-offs lined up, for my 20’s, from a dude at work.

I taint never had 20’s, I also taint never had wheels that ugly! But dern, they was free, and I had newish tires lined up. I’m going to mull this over some more. Let the mulling continue!

Nooj
The lady in the house allows you to use the word "taint"? Well, maybe she is hard of hearing.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Well, that was sorta easy. I just took the ol 60 grit flapper wheel to the caliper ridge and knocked off about .11” then cleaned it up with a 220 grit rolock on the angle grinder; And that gave me enough clearance for the big ugly 20’s to fit without rubbing. Still close- but they fit! Crisis averted!

B48F6E70-73FE-4533-B2B5-C71D66B5E39C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk

Latest posts