Replacement key programming need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by FINALTOUCHFRI, Nov 5, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI Member

Name:
    steveo
    Hey guys, need help on another Chevy vehicle issue. I'm asking on the Tahoe forum because I get no response on the Chevy Equinox Forum. I bought my wife a 2007 Chevy Equinox Lt. It came with 1 key and 1 fob. I bought a replacement key and fob on line. I was able to program the fob and get the key cut but the key has a transponder and wont start. I have tried many online programming but none have worked. The Vin starts with (2CNDL). Can anyone help me with programming or is this a locksmith or dealership issue.

2. wjburken

wjburken Full Access Member

Name:
    Wade
    Try the steps outline here:
    https://www.programautokeys.com/cla...g-instructions-listing-7587.aspx#.XcGbe5pKiUk

3. FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI Member

Name:
    steveo

I tried that one last night and it didn't work.

It also stated it wouldn't work on certain models but I tried it anyway. My Vin starts with (2CNDL).

The first digit of your 17 digit VIN number must start with the number 1 or 4.
    If your VIN number starts with a 2 or 3 or a letter these procedures WILL NOT WORK

Thank you for the link tho!!!!

4. 915_Tahoe

915_Tahoe Full Access Member

Name:
    Rene
    start the vehicle with the key that works, leave on for about 10 sec. remove key insert new key and turn vehicle on and that's it.

does the key blade on the new key have a + sign engraved on it.

5. wjburken

wjburken Full Access Member

Name:
    Wade
    Are you trying the method for if you already have a key or if you are starting from scratch with only a new key?

One thing I noticed with their process for starting with only a new key is they don’t mention waiting 5 seconds between key off and key on. I have seen that pause spelled out on some other YT videos.

So key on for 10 min then key off
    Wait 5 sec then key on for another 10 min then key off
    Wait 5 sec then key on for another 10 minutes. Lock light should go off at the end of the 3rd 10 minute period.

Wait 5 sec and turn key to on and wait for dash lights to clear, including Lock light. Then you should be able to start the car.

It has worked for me but I didn’t pay any attention to VIN number so maybe I got lucky.

6. FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI Member

Name:
    steveo
    Will do. Thank you guys I will try tonight