Replaced the bose sub with a 8" rockville

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was never pleased with the factory bose sub in our yukon. I absolutely did not want a box, so i figured I would try an under the seat compact sub.
I bought an a 8" rockville SS8P, turns out it doesn't fit under any seats (if I had looked under the seats before i would have know this lol)
I then experimented with the the jack location. with some slight tweaking of the jack mounts, i believe i could have made it fit, However after some experimenting, i dont think the little 8" would sound good from back there so I abandoned it.

I ended up just yanking out the factory bose, and installing the rockville right in its location. It doesn't shake the windows or punch you in the back like a good 12", but It does sound so much better than the factory. Overall, Im very pleased, especially considering the total cost was $85. Its also very easy to adjust the gain, crossover levels since the panel in the foot well easily comes off.

20190607_102848.jpg 20190607_103059.jpg

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these 8" Rockville subs for my truck and I was really surprised by the amount of bass it puts out for the size and price. Definitely a good budget sub.

I have the same Bose system in my Yukon, but I've never taken that center console apart. Is there just a powered sub in there? I guess I assumed there was an amp for the rest of the speakers as well.

OP
OP
Kenneyd

Kenneyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought one of these 8" Rockville subs for my truck and I was really surprised by the amount of bass it puts out for the size and price. Definitely a good budget sub.

I have the same Bose system in my Yukon, but I've never taken that center console apart. Is there just a powered sub in there? I guess I assumed there was an amp for the rest of the speakers as well.

I took out the whole center console for the install. Its relatively easy minus the two phillips head screws on the side hidden by the seats.

Any way, the bose amp is large and is directly below the storage area of the center console. the sub is further forward, starts just infront of the cupholder and goes up under the dash. Its a tiny 6" sub in a 12x18x5' box..

You may be able to put a bigger sub in there, Rockville as well as a few others make a 10'' sub. The space is about 11 3/4" wide, 15"+ long and about 5" tall.
The rockville 10" is 12 3/8 wide so it wouldn't fit without trimming or bulging.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took out the whole center console for the install. Its relatively easy minus the two phillips head screws on the side hidden by the seats.

Any way, the bose amp is large and is directly below the storage area of the center console. the sub is further forward, starts just infront of the cupholder and goes up under the dash. Its a tiny 6" sub in a 12x18x5' box..

You may be able to put a bigger sub in there, Rockville as well as a few others make a 10'' sub. The space is about 11 3/4" wide, 15"+ long and about 5" tall.
The rockville 10" is 12 3/8 wide so it wouldn't fit without trimming or bulging.
Is that amp just for the sub or is it wired to the speakers as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3