Renamed: 06 Esky LS364/450 Build (New Leather Seat covers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Well, its back to an X-Link adapter and 6 pin throttle body! Turns out the OE waterpump for the LQ9 interferes with the 4 to 3 bolt throttle body adapter plate. That left me with a choice of buying a Camaro water pump or use a larger 4 bolt throttle body. Faced with buying another waterpump (I'd already got a new one for the build) it was a no brainer to spend the money on the X-link adapter. My builder "donated" a larger 4 bolt throttle body from a blown engine he has on hand. Don't have its specs, so I don't know if its an 87mm or 93mm diameter. Either way, the increase from 78mm means more air to the intake! The engine is buttoned up. Now, the builder is waiting for the tuner to come by this week to dial in the engine and fire it up! I've asked them to make a video of the startup. If they do I'll post it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Here's where LS364 06 Esky build stands today:

1. Bellteck 2/3 kit installed along with other suspension/steering components. (Autoride removed and disabled.)
2. Removed trailer tow hitch receiver
3. Removed spare tire in prep for center rear exhaust.
4. L4/65E Trans rebuilt and installed
5. Engine installed with shortie headers and awaiting initial dial-in by tuner. Engine is GM Performance LS364/450 pn 19370163, manifold pn 12597600, fuel rail 12621663, injectors 12609749, GM 4 bolt throttle body using X-link adapter, new GM OE coils, plugs, wires, new water-pump, starter, alternator, a/c compressor, power-steering pump, radiator, plus misc. hoses, sensors, etc.
6. Rear diff opened, inspected and serviced (2wd)
7. 20" wheels from '18 Escalade installed with Michelin Defender 285/55/20 tires.
8. Ordered Medium Red leather seat covers and extra material from Leatherseats.com. Due in early March
9. Cladding/badges removed in prep for paint reconditioning.

Not yet complete:
1. NNBS front brake upgrade with slotted rotors all around.
2. Install true dual 2.5" exhausts with rear centered exhaust
3. Paint and install new front bumper
4. Touch-up painting, plus mono-color painting of front grill, rear bumper and running-board step pads to match OE Sport Red Metallic. Recondition OE paint job. Reinstall cladding.
5. Replace HVAC actuators
6. Install medium Red seat covers from Leatherseats.com; plus, add medium red trim to door panel inserts/arm rests and console lid. Paint dark pewter dash cover to match seat covers. Replace and recover center console lid using Tahoe/Yukon lid in prep for phone charging pad. This will make the interior two-tone med red/pewter similar to the two tone style interior in newer Escalades.
7. Complete program tune after dual exhausts installed.
8. Install new fuel pump. (Waiting to do this until after dial-in to determine if we need to go with a high-flow fuel pump. GM Performance says stock fp will work. We'll see.
9. About a dozen other small jobs including detailing interior and coat undercarriage with rust inhibitor.
10. Break-in and 2 to 3 week shakedown by builder prior to delivery.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here's where LS364 06 Esky build stands today:

1. Bellteck 2/3 kit installed along with other suspension components.
2. L4/65E Trans rebuilt and installed
3. Engine installed and awaiting initial dial-in by tuner
Engine is GM Performance LS364/450 pn 19370163, manifold pn 12597600, fuel rail 12621663, injecctors 12609749, new GM OE coils, plugs, wires, new water-pump, starter, alternator, a/c compressor, power-steering pump, radiator, plus misc. hoses, sensors, etc.
4. Rear diff opened, inspected and serviced (2wd)
5. 20" wheels from '18 Escalade installed with Michelin Defender 285/55/20 tires.
6. Medium red leather seat covers from Leatherseats.com ordered, due in early March
7. Cladding removed in prep for paint reconditioning.

Not yet complete:
1. NNBS front brake upgrade with slotted rotors all around.
2. Install true dual 2.5" exhausts with rear centered exhaust
3. Touch-up painting, plus mono-color painting of front grill, rear bumper and running-board step pads to match OE Sport Red Metallic. Recondition OE paint job.
4. Replace HVAC actuators
5. Install medium Red seat covers from Leatherseats.com; plus, add medium red trim to door panel inserts/arm rests and console lid. Paint dark pewter dash cover to match seat covers. Replace and recover center console with Tahoe lid in prep for phone charging pad. This will make the interior two-tone med red/pewter similar to the two tone style interior in newer Escalades.
6. Complete program tune after dual exhausts installed.
7. Install new fuel pump. (Waiting to do this until after dial-in to determine if we need to go with a high-flow fuel pump. GM Performance says stock fp will work. We'll see.
8. About a dozen other small jobs.
9. Break-in and 2 to 3 week shakedown by builder prior to delivery.
Sounds like everything is coming together. I can't wait to see and hear it when it's done. Gonna be one bad M UTHA!!

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Thanks. Its taking a while, but I believe its well worth the wait. I've known the builder for about 15 years and seen he does incredible work. We've only had one delay. When the builder came down with COVID we lost about three weeks. Its also going slow because this is a side-job for the builder. His main business is as a used car wholesaler. He does restomods on classics (mostly GM) he comes across, can buy right, and easily build and flip. Last year he sold 2 restomod C10s, an LS equipped Wrangler and a 525hp foxbody Mustang at Mecum in Dallas.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Startup! The Esky is running with its new LS364/450 engine! I have a video of it running which shows the engine bay and a walk-around to the exhaust. But I can't find a way to post it to the forum. Any way to post it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
To any who are interested, here is a link to a short video of the first run after dial-in of the LS364 engine just installed in my 2006 Escalade. This is with stock exhaust. The final tune will be done after dual exhausts are installed. Hope to post some dyno results when they do the final tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
To any who are interested, here is a link to a short video of the first run after dial-in of the LS364 engine just installed in my 2006 Escalade. This is with stock exhaust. The final tune will be done after dual exhausts are installed. Hope to post some dyno results when they do the final tune.
Seat covers from Leatherseats.com arrived today. They look great. Worksmanship appears to be first rate. Included a pre-paint reconditioning photo and picture of the door trim so you can get an idea of how the colors will look together. The dark gray dash cover will be painted red to match the seats and the door armrests and trim insert will get red leather upholstury to match the seats and dash. The remainder of the trim will remain pewter. Will likely be about a month more before these are installed since the interior will be done last. Trying to decide whether to change the carpeting to charcoal color or stay with the OE color. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Leatherseats.com_seatcover.jpg
    Leatherseats.com_seatcover.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Escalade pre_paint.jpg
    Escalade pre_paint.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Passdoorinter.jpg
    Passdoorinter.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat covers from Leatherseats.com arrived today. They look great. Worksmanship appears to be first rate. Included a pre-paint reconditioning photo and picture of the door trim so you can get an idea of how the colors will look together. The dark gray dash cover will be painted red to match the seats and the door armrests and trim insert will get red leather upholstury to match the seats and dash. The remainder of the trim will remain pewter. Will likely be about a month more before these are installed since the interior will be done last. Trying to decide whether to change the carpeting to charcoal color or stay with the OE color. Any thoughts?

Tough decision on the carpet color. Function brain says to go with charcoal to hide dirt. Form brain says the original color is a better match. I don't think charcoal carpet wouldn't look good, though.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Here is the dyno graph and a video link for the first dyno run of the LS364/450 we installed in the 06 Escalade build. The HP and torque figures are at the rear wheels. The tuner's correction program put max crankshaft HP at 450. He will do more runs over the next few days to tweak the program. I believe he started with an LS 6.0L Corvette tune and is working out a new program from that.
https://youtu.be/jRAlIgNYOtA

Attachments

• Dynorun1.jpg
    Dynorun1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy