Removing water spots.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried just about everything to get the water marks off of my windows on the tahoe, I came up on this product called DRIVEN Extreme Duty Window Cleaner. I found it on amazon, figured it was worth a shot. I have tried 0000 steel wool, polishing compound, clay bar and a few other things and you couldn't even tell I had used anything.
I finally got the Driven in the mail saturday, tried it a few minutes ago, I just put some on a paper towel and rubbed it a little, wiped it off and it removed everything! Once it cools down in the next few weeks i'll be doing all of my windows! If you are having trouble with spots on your ride give it a shot, it's worth the 20.00 a bottle!

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Water spots? I just use windex and its works fine and it's like $3 a bottle

OP
OP
chevync

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried both steel wool and windex, both didn't help. I'm guessing mine is probably etched in the glass.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried both steel wool and windex, both didn't help. I'm guessing mine is probably etched in the glass.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try. Bought my Yukon used with water spots all over the glass. Went with a polisher on it. Numerous pads, glass polishing pads, compound, Polish and don't remember what else. Is way better after a lot of hart labor, still, some spots I didn't hit hard/long nuff, or they just reappear.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually hard water spots are the result of calcium and lime deposits, try products like lime away or CLR Basically you need to demineralize your glass

OP
OP
chevync

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was on the bottle...

Removes Severe Hard Water Spots
Removes Calcium and Mineral Buildup
Removes Heavy Lime Scale
Removes Salt Spray Deposit
Removes Rust Deposits, Alkali, Mold & Mildew and Paint Over-spray

I got my passenger side doors today, turned out great!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i did not see this post earlier but the way you get water spots off yer windows even though theyve been etched is with steel wool yes steel wool will work if there really bad then its gonna take alotta scrubbing

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

we deal with hard water here in AZ on a daily basis and steel wool is about the only thing that ive ever seen work when i was in the car business working for a wholesaler we sat there one day and and tried just about everything in homedepot autozone and lowes had
now we did try this stuff i use in mypool that cleans the tiles wich turned to be hydrochloric acid wich worked as well but you must be extremely careful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts