Relocating climate controls...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone moved theirs to inside the armrest? I'm debating wether it'll be better to move them there or to buy the front half of the center console from a junkyard and move them down there. Any input would be appreciated

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here's a better question... Is there a forum for our trucks that's actually helpful? It seems like no one on here knows a damn thing or doesn't want to help anyone out (except in suspension forum)

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posts like that don't make us really want to help you just FYI. Also you didn't state what year truck you have. However im pretty sure it's all wires. If that's the case then you will have to add length to each and every wire either way you do it. If your already adding wire, doesn't make much of a difference to just wire it where you want it.

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This forum is great and full of expert level posters. I was able to add a console with Bose sub and amp to my base model Tahoe with several posters help. The big key is asking questions that people know how to answer. "Has anyone moved theirs to inside the armrest?" What does that even mean? My immediate reaction was why would you want to lean on the climate controls... Do you mean moving them to the door panel? Moving them to the console? What would you put in place of the climate controls in the dash?

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve Mead moved his to inside the center console on his show Hoe. I'm thinking its a 00-02, and I'm not sure if there is any kind of wright up but if you're looking for pics google SMD Tahoe, and look at some of the youtube vids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA