2016 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ew1046

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2016 PPV from the auction. It doesn't have a center console. I picked up a 2016 suburban center console from the junkyard.

I am trying to install it and it seems I have to remove the bottom trim of the environmental controls for the rear. (See attached pics) Anyone know if it's only held in my clips or is it a more complicated process? Anyone have detailed instructions?See pics attached

I also would like to upgrade the radio but I see that the stock radio also has controls to the climate and air quality, collision and detection, comfort and convince, lighting, power door locks and remote unlock/lock Has anyone was able to upgrade the stock radio to an aftermarket and retain these features?

Attachments

• 20240322_163620.jpg
    20240322_163620.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240323_062425.jpg
    20240323_062425.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240323_102846_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_102846_Drive.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 8

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your trim removal question, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Regarding an aftermarket radio, call the folks at Crutchfield, tell them what you want and your budget, and they will tell you what radios meet your requirements, along with an interconnection module that doesn't require any wire cutting and soldering, AND will preserve all of your steering wheel controls.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2016 PPV from the auction. It doesn't have a center console. I picked up a 2016 suburban center console from the junkyard.

I am trying to install it and it seems I have to remove the bottom trim of the environmental controls for the rear. (See attached pics) Anyone know if it's only held in my clips or is it a more complicated process? Anyone have detailed instructions?See pics attached

I also would like to upgrade the radio but I see that the stock radio also has controls to the climate and air quality, collision and detection, comfort and convince, lighting, power door locks and remote unlock/lock Has anyone was able to upgrade the stock radio to an aftermarket and retain these features?
haven't seen the conversion done personally, you might dig around on the forum a bit more for other threads with pictures or details. or try one of the silverado forums as people have added and removed center consoles more often, should be pretty much the same process

as for the radio you just need to add a module like a maestro rr. if you look on there website they have a click-thru build process for what you want to do.
you just select the year/make/model, then the radio desired, then it tells you everything you need to buy to make it happen.
what I do then is write that all down and shop ebay, amazon, etc for best prices.

OP
OP
E

ew1046

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Just got the center console installed. Need to find bolts to secure it to the front dash and floor between the seats.

ryansclzo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got the center console installed. Need to find bolts to secure it to the front dash and floor between the seats.
what did you do for the wiring? The console has a X300 42 pin male connector on it, and my tahoe doesn't have a female connector. I think they cut it off. Did yours have it or did you wire it up yourself?

OP
OP
E

ew1046

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I extended the dash cigarette lighter plug from the dash and wired it to the lighter plug closest to the driver. I can probably wire up the consoles rear plug at a later time.

I was unable to wire up anything else (cooler, radio control on rear console not working)

Yesterday I changed out the factory radio and installed an aftermarket radio with the maestro interface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar