Refinish headliner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a new snag on this part of the project :( I'm ready to pull headliner and reline it. However, I cannot obtain the material. StockInteriors has sent me a bunch of samples all of which don't match. I think it's probably M2140 Med. Dark Pewter color from their inventory but they are out of samples for that. I cut out a piece of my headliner and sent it in a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything back from them.

Anybody know of a second place that sells color matched headliner fabric at 60"+ wide? The local fabric store, Joanns, is narrower and won't work :(

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit a new snag on this part of the project :( I'm ready to pull headliner and reline it. However, I cannot obtain the material. StockInteriors has sent me a bunch of samples all of which don't match. I think it's probably M2140 Med. Dark Pewter color from their inventory but they are out of samples for that. I cut out a piece of my headliner and sent it in a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything back from them.

Anybody know of a second place that sells color matched headliner fabric at 60"+ wide? The local fabric store, Joanns, is narrower and won't work :(
******. Sorry man. Have you followed up after cutting out your sample??

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Unlimited options to do it wrong....... Ha...

My sunroof slider-cover / fabric is falling..... I am NOT going to pull the sunroof up & out....

I wonder if I can remove the falling fabric and apply a matching material?

View attachment 239112

@mountie,
Have you pulled it out? I need to do mine as well. Any tips would help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah shooooooooooot. So the color which I think my headliner is maybe discontinued. The StockInteriors says they've been trying to obtain more of it, however, they've been unable to get an order through to the supply for 3 months.

UPDATE: I googled the color "Medium Dark Pewter" and for some reason the world seems to be on my side today. I got results unlike my attempts before. I see Nelson's Auto Trim Supply has sample cards and that color. So I ordered a sample card. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah shooooooooooot. So the color which I think my headliner is maybe discontinued. The StockInteriors says they've been trying to obtain more of it, however, they've been unable to get an order through to the supply for 3 months.

UPDATE: I googled the color "Medium Dark Pewter" and for some reason the world seems to be on my side today. I got results unlike my attempts before. I see Nelson's Auto Trim Supply has sample cards and that color. So I ordered a sample card. Wish me luck :)
Good luck buddy! I suppose worst case scenario, you can use a close match color. Since the entire headliner will be replaced it’s not really imperative that it’s matching an adjacent piece. You can do something like red, or day-glo suede!! [emoji23] $ 0.02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu