Rear wiper and rear defroster not working... any connection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wiper is all alone but if it moved at all you’ll want to fix that. The release for the glass is inside the lift gate. It’s not a lot of fun getting that back panel off but I think your going to have to.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wiper is all alone but if it moved at all you’ll want to fix that. The release for the glass is inside the lift gate. It’s not a lot of fun getting that back panel off but I think your going to have to.

Now I am getting freaked out. Thanks for the info. o_O

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries there’s plenty of instructions here and YouTube there’s a nut on the outside of the glass you can tighten for the wiper. Just don’t over tighten and you’ll be fine.

OP
OP
cfmistry

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to close the loop, it was the wiper motor. Replaced it and now I have a working wiper (turns out to be very useful in the rain). I'll get to the defroster next winter probably haha.

Cyrus

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the wiper arm wobble I am talking about when you open the rear glass with the button::confused::confused:o_Oo_O

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup try pulling the plastic cover back at the base of the wiper and see if the nut is loose. Then look between the inside cover and lift gate to see what’s next

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you find for the next guy. Seems like the mounting bolt will solve most of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec