2006 Tahoe Rear AC blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDMK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. The rear blower is not working. I checked all the fuses, tested the motor,
I get 12 volts to the resistor. The smaller middle wire shows 8.9 volts when set on high speed 5.6 on medium.
Only shows 2.9 volts to the motor.
I’ve tried it with two other new resistors. Same readings. What am I missing. Thanks for your help.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe on high, the voltage should be line-voltage, or 12V.

So if power power the blower directly it works?

What HVAC module do you have? The auto or the sliders? What resistor are you using?

OP
OP
D

DDMK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe on high, the voltage should be line-voltage, or 12V.

So if power power the blower directly it works?

What HVAC module do you have? The auto or the sliders? What resistor are you using?
Another member posted an earlier thread with a picture of the wiring harness behind the drivers side kick panel with a burned wire. Mine looked just like it. I clipped the wires on both sides and spliced them together. Works great now. Thanks for all the questions.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My thanks to woodblocker55.

Free Tip Hump Day: if you want to "tag" someone, either quote that person's post (like I did here), or use the "@" symbol and start typing the user's name. Then pick the correct one from the picklist of users. Finish typing your message.
@Woodblocker55

If you don't do either one of those, your target won't be a sure hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts