Rear view mirror trim fell off wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked thru the documents and could not find the document that shows the warranty coverage. I think they are trying to shaft me. Still have not heard from the GM rep. I did purchase the extended warranty to 100k miles. I called those guys as well and they stated that the glass was not covered under their warranty(******* BS). I asked what about the mount/sensor and stated that those were, I'm wtf, the mount/sensor is part of the glass. That's another fight going to fight if GM does not pay for the glass.

2. You are correct, just looked at the glass
3. Correct, I need to change the title to the post.
4. The glass is still the oem glass. Wife babysit the truck
5. I did, I called safelite glass and they can glue the mount back for 200 bucks, they will not warranty the work. The rep told me that the glue does not hold up and the mount ends up falling again. If I was going to sell the rig I would go this route. They also quote me $800 plus for a new widshield.
6. I would but the dealer that sold me the suv already ordered the glass.
So, look at your purchase documents and you should see the warranty and date. Or call another dealer and provide your vin and ask.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update,
After all the bitching I did today the dealer I purchased the truck from agreed to pay for 60% of the bill. They are going to order a new glass and the lane departure module comes attached to it.

I also contacted GM and filed a complaint, they are going to look into the issue and get back w me . I'll be happy if they take care of the entire bill.

So here is the BS I was feed this afternoon. I purchased the vehicle brand new in 12. 2017 and the warranty should have lasted until this month 12.2020 right. Wrong these son of a bitches stated that the warranty ended in June because the dealer I purchase the vehicle from got the vehicle in June of 2017 and per GM's warranty, June of 2020 is when the warranty expired. I was what kind of ******* bs is that. I got shafted 6 months of warranty.
I know this is old af, but that's a steaming load of horseshit. I have purchased several new GM vehicles, and on every one the warranty has started on the the day and mileage I bought it. Checking my warranty tracker now on mychevy app: my 18 was new in 6/5/19 with 44 miles on it; bumper to bumper expired 6/5/22 @ 36044; powertrain is still good thru 6/5/24 or 60044 miles. That dealer is trash.

As for the plastic module cover - its like any other loose piece of trim. Mine became dislodged after a stretch of really hot days a few years ago when I was putting up the sun screen. I just squeezed the left and right sides for 10-15 seconds to tighten it up, then it snapped right back into place...

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I know this is old af, but that's a steaming load of horseshit. I have purchased several new GM vehicles, and on every one the warranty has started on the the day and mileage I bought it. Checking my warranty tracker now on mychevy app: my 18 was new in 6/5/19 with 44 miles on it; bumper to bumper expired 6/5/22 @ 36044; powertrain is still good thru 6/5/24 or 60044 miles. That dealer is trash.

As for the plastic module cover - its like any other loose piece of trim. Mine became dislodged after a stretch of really hot days a few years ago when I was putting up the sun screen. I just squeezed the left and right sides for 10-15 seconds to tighten it up, then it snapped right back into place...

Texas heat is a killer, I think that's what cause the module to fall. The same dealer that ate 60% of the windshield cost purchased the SUV back and I got a heck of a deal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n