Rear view mirror trim fell off wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
what does your paperwork say?, I bought my 18 used being well aware of the remainder of the factory 3yr 36k miles remaining, I also purchased a 3rd party warranty for 6yrs 60k miles (whichever comes first), that paperwork states that that warranty starts from the date of warranty purchase, I was reading reviews on the warranty provider and some people were reporting the warranty provider was telling people the warranty was from the date of vehicle manufacture which is simply not true I have it in writing. I don't know if those reports are true or if the provider was trying to take advantage of ignorant people or what, but I would read the fine print to be sure what the case is here.

I looked thru the documents and could not find the document that shows the warranty coverage. I think they are trying to shaft me. Still have not heard from the GM rep. I did purchase the extended warranty to 100k miles. I called those guys as well and they stated that the glass was not covered under their warranty(******* BS). I asked what about the mount/sensor and stated that those were, I'm wtf, the mount/sensor is part of the glass. That's another fight going to fight if GM does not pay for the glass.

2. The lane camera does NOT come with the windshield. The mount for it does. I just had both windshields replaced on my 2018 Yukon and Sierra, both vehicles have this option.
3. That trim piece snaps on to cover the camera.
4. Has the windshield ever been replaced on you vehicle, maybe they didn't reinstall correctly?
5. I would have a glass shop look at it and give you a 2nd opinion.
6. At the very least go to a different dealer and have them look at it. Have them look at it and tell you what the fix is BEFORE you go through all the info you have been told so far.

2. You are correct, just looked at the glass
3. Correct, I need to change the title to the post.
4. The glass is still the oem glass. Wife babysit the truck
5. I did, I called safelite glass and they can glue the mount back for 200 bucks, they will not warranty the work. The rep told me that the glue does not hold up and the mount ends up falling again. If I was going to sell the rig I would go this route. They also quote me $800 plus for a new widshield.
6. I would but the dealer that sold me the suv already ordered the glass.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, how would I know?

You might be able to tell with a car fax.

another thing you might be able to do is go to any GM Service Dept and ask them to run a report from GM which provides the information for your vehicle. This should tell you the balance of the various warranties as well as the in service date of your truck

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Update,
The GM rep called me to let me now that they can not do anything more than what the dealer is already doing for me. So I'm stuck with the $400 bill. The glass glass was replaced today and wife is happy.

Last edited:

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...good news is your wife is happy. ;)

Yup. That's the life goal for us married men, anyway, right? :deal:

BTW, that thing is a bit loose also on my wife's Suburban. Not as bad as it was shown here, though, just kinda loose. At least not yet. Guess I need to check it out at some point to see if I can salvage it somehow.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyones rear view mirror plastic trim pieces come off along with the lane departure module?

My wifes 2017 Tahoe Primier has 31k miles and the shit is already falling apart.

Took it to the dealer and the warranty is not going to cover it because its out of warranty not due to the miles but because of the time. They need to replace the whole windshield and recalibrate the lane departure module. What a scam $1200 repair bill will be on my dime

View attachment 266353 View attachment 266354
Mine did the same thing last month at 19K miles. However, mine was just a loose cover that was caused by a wire bundle not being positioned correctly and the wires put pressure on the cover and caused it to release. Are you certain that your dealer is being honest with you?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So to fix or reattach this type of rear view mirror, i have to buy a new windshield?! Because I tried several products to reattach it and nothing worked:(
some rearview mirror glue might hold the plastic on the glass, that stuff is no joke do not get it on anything else
comes in a tiny tube like super glue but it is not super glue it is meaner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288