Rear view mirror trim fell off wtf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Has anyones rear view mirror plastic trim pieces come off along with the lane departure module?

My wifes 2017 Tahoe Primier has 31k miles and the shit is already falling apart.

Took it to the dealer and the warranty is not going to cover it because its out of warranty not due to the miles but because of the time. They need to replace the whole windshield and recalibrate the lane departure module. What a scam $1200 repair bill will be on my dime

IMG_1093.jpg IMG_1281.jpg

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyones rear view mirror plastic trim pieces failing off along with the module?

My wifes 2017 Tahoe Primier has 31k miles and the shit is already falling apart.

Took it to the dealer and the warranty is not going to cover it because its out of warranty not due to the miles but because of the time. They need to replace the whole windshield and recalibrate the module. What a scam $1200 repair bill will be on my dime

View attachment 266353 View attachment 266354
I would contact Gm. That’s some bs

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
if you DO NOT get assistance in that fashion, break the window and have it all done through insurance

Good call but yes, get with GM and ask for help here. That is just some crap. When they looked at it, did they give any opinion as to why it happened? What let loose to cause this?

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Update,
After all the bitching I did today the dealer I purchased the truck from agreed to pay for 60% of the bill. They are going to order a new glass and the lane departure module comes attached to it.

I also contacted GM and filed a complaint, they are going to look into the issue and get back w me . I'll be happy if they take care of the entire bill.

So here is the BS I was feed this afternoon. I purchased the vehicle brand new in 12. 2017 and the warranty should have lasted until this month 12.2020 right. Wrong these son of a bitches stated that the warranty ended in June because the dealer I purchase the vehicle from got the vehicle in June of 2017 and per GM's warranty, June of 2020 is when the warranty expired. I was what kind of ******* bs is that. I got shafted 6 months of warranty.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update,
After all the bitching I did today the dealer I purchased the truck from agreed to pay for 60% of the bill. They are going to order a new glass and the lane departure module comes attached to it.

I also contacted GM and filed a complaint, they are going to look into the issue and get back w me . I'll be happy if they take care of the entire bill.

So here is the BS I was feed this afternoon. I purchased the vehicle brand new in 12. 2017 and the warranty should have lasted until this month 12.2020 right. Wrong these son of a bitches stated that the warranty ended in June because the dealer I purchase the vehicle from got the vehicle in June of 2017 and per GM's warranty, June of 2020 is when the warranty expired. I was what kind of ******* bs is that. I got shafted 6 months of warranty.
I don’t ****** think so... warranty starts as soon as you sign the papers.... that’s what I always believed anyway....and if it had 7 or 70 miles it was 36,007 or 36,070

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I don’t ****** think so... warranty starts as soon as you sign the papers.... that’s what I always believed anyway....and if it had 7 or 70 miles it was 36,007 or 36,070

That's what my arguments were this afternoon. Lessons learn get it in writing if not you will get shafted.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have bought a few new vehicles in my day and the paperwork always reflected the warranty starting on the purchase date and tacked on the warranty mileage onto whatever was on the odometer when I bought it. Did you look at your paperwork from back then and if you don't have it, the paperwork will be in GM's system. I would look whoever told you this, right in his face and call him a liar. That is ******' ********! :321:

Ask him where the turnip truck is. You know, the one you were supposed to have fallen off of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts