Rear Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the rear before have the same numbers? Wouldn't be the first time a bump on the head fixed numbers that were off just a bit. Just sayin......

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@George B With it being a Multi-link suspension wouldn't it technically become out of alignment when the bushings start to break down?

Worn bushings allowing the axle to be out of square should mean, being it's a solid axle, the whole axle would be turned one way or the other. So, if the right side was toed in, then the left would be toed out and vice versa. If I'm understanding the printout correctly, both sides are toed inward (positive numbers are toe-in). The axles tubes might not be perfectly in line. There's a tiny amount of slack in the components that could allow a minimum amount of misalignment that'd show as a fraction of a degree over the length of a few feet. I can see the fraction of a degree of camber being due to metal flexing and/or slightly worn axle bearings, etc. The thrust angle looks great, so I'd say the axle is pretty square. New bushings and/or control arms might improve this. But, as-is, I don't see a problem.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setup on machine 2 or 4 wheel alignment. If front a little off some of them bump rear head to "adjust" numbers. Solid rear shouldn't change. Just sayin ... like before.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! @iamdub

If the LR toe is off, I reckon my only option is to replace the control arms. We did the panhard bar earlier this year but not the rear upper and lower control arms yet. I was kinda waiting to do them when we swapped in the 14-bolt axle. Tire doesn't look toed in. If it stops raining I'll take some pictures.

Reaction score
Thanks Chris! @iamdub

If the LR toe is off, I reckon my only option is to replace the control arms. We did the panhard bar earlier this year but not the rear upper and lower control arms yet. I was kinda waiting to do them when we swapped in the 14-bolt axle. Tire doesn't look toed in. If it stops raining I'll take some pictures.
When you planning on putting in that rear axle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro