Really enjoying this new Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Annoying rattle when on dirt roads. I think its the door lock on the RR door. It seems to be loose and rattle against the escutcheon. I need to confirm thats it. My fix would be to put some 'noise tape" on the button. This is the stuff that is like tape with a light fuzz on one side. Its used between plastic parts to reduce interior noise. I'm up north so not near my supply (used to work for OEM interior supplier).

Anyone else have this issue?

Reaction score
I did on my 2011. I bought a pack of velcro ovals from walmart (in the craft section) and took the fuzzy sides and cut them in half. Removed the lock knob pulls and stuck the fuzzy velcro to the door panel behind where the pulls go then reinstalled the pulls.

I think that light fuzz rattle tape is called Flocking tape?

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a funny word!! Sorry that’s how my 12 year old brain works haha. I need to get me some of that. My door panels on my 2006 rattle a tiny bit and it drives me bonkers!

The rattle is only bad on dirt/washboard roads and then it rattles like crazy. Stereo will not drown it out except at nosebleed levels.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well driving 244 miles from northern michigan to Troy, headwinds brought my mpg down to 17.3

Until I hit the traffic jam for an overturned scrap metal truck in the ditch. Then it wen to 16 sumthin waiting 20 minutes to get by.....

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Our 08 Denali XL just started doing this in the exact same place lol. Going to buy some of the self adhesive velcro tape and use the fuzzy side.

Z55 option is Auto Ride. Computer controled Magnetic Ride Control / MRC / MagneRide struts on all four corners with rear having a pair of integrated air shocks to level the suspension.

Annoying rattle when on dirt roads. I think its the door lock on the RR door...

Anyone else have this issue?

The MRC isn’t something to balk at and yank out. It’s oem on:

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (2015- model year)
Ferrari 599
Ferrari F12berlinetta
Ferrari California
Ferrari FF
Ferrari 458 Italia
La Ferrari
Lamborghini Aventador
Audi TT
Audi S3
Audi R8
Acura MDX
Acura ZDX