Rc silverado front lift and skyjacker rear lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the c50r rear lift springs. Thinking about ordering rough country 6-7 inch lift shocks but not sure if I should get them or the 4.5-5.5 shocks? The c25r 2.5 inch lift springs lifted 3.5 so assuming the 5 inch springs will lift it 6 inches?

Also thinking about ordering rough country extended cam plates. They call for extending the upper control arm bolt slots so you get an extra degree of adjustment. what do you think is best to use to open them up I used a dremel to clean out the welds when I plated the mounts but that was slow and a pain in the rear.

The extended rear brake hoses finally came in today. Hopefully the spohn pieces and body mounts will get shipped soon. And couple days ago it started making a nocking noise in rear suspension when going slow and turning gotta figure out what that is.

Also wondering if traction and abs lights are on due to the p0016 code. Those lights strangely came on when it was misfiring and needed plugs and wires replaced few months back

Last edited:

jeremiahm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had ABS/Traction come on a couple of times with p0016 (cam position sensor). I just replaced cam and crank sensors and cam sensor harness 6 weeks ago and the ABS/Traction/p0016 came on twice since and went off. My personal vendetta right now is making sure I have good power and grounds to everything. I have no science, but think it is part of my problem. My ground strap from the motor to body (left rear head to firewall) has a nice tinge of green so I added a 4AWG from the firewall to the alternator stand and that helped several of my "flickers" and I have not seen this issue in the last 1.5 weeks. I am doing more as well: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/charging-system-upgrade.125633/

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had ABS/Traction come on a couple of times with p0016 (cam position sensor). I just replaced cam and crank sensors and cam sensor harness 6 weeks ago and the ABS/Traction/p0016 came on twice since and went off. My personal vendetta right now is making sure I have good power and grounds to everything. I have no science, but think it is part of my problem. My ground strap from the motor to body (left rear head to firewall) has a nice tinge of green so I added a 4AWG from the firewall to the alternator stand and that helped several of my "flickers" and I have not seen this issue in the last 1.5 weeks. I am doing more as well: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/charging-system-upgrade.125633/

Those are things I am gonna start with doing but afraid of doing all that to find out it is the timing chain tensioner. The shop that half-assed the alignment was supposed to replace sensors I gotta get another shop to do it. And I'm gonna use battery cables from some of the junk vehicles I got to run extra grounds. Where did you get the cam sensor harness

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the c50r rear lift springs. Thinking about ordering rough country 6-7 inch lift shocks but not sure if I should get them or the 4.5-5.5 shocks? The c25r 2.5 inch lift springs lifted 3.5 so assuming the 5 inch springs will lift it 6 inches?

Also thinking about ordering rough country extended cam plates. They call for extending the upper control arm bolt slots so you get an extra degree of adjustment. what do you think is best to use to open them up I used a dremel to clean out the welds when I plated the mounts but that was slow and a pain in the rear.

The extended rear brake hoses finally came in today. Hopefully the spohn pieces and body mounts will get shipped soon. And couple days ago it started making a nocking noise in rear suspension when going slow and turning gotta figure out what that is.

Also wondering if traction and abs lights are on due to the p0016 code. Those lights strangely came on when it was misfiring and needed plugs and wires replaced few months back
@87carl I would recommend not modifying the body mounts, look into the Rough Country Forged Upper control arms to help accommodate the lift.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl I would recommend not modifying the body mounts, look into the Rough Country Forged Upper control arms to help accommodate the lift.

Body mounts are a separate issue bushings are shot. With a knuckle lift can't use the upper control arms. The lift knuckles reangle the ball joints and so do lift control arms either one alone gives good ball joint angle but together the angle will be off

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body mounts are a separate issue bushings are shot. With a knuckle lift can't use the upper control arms. The lift knuckles reangle the ball joints and so do lift control arms either one alone gives good ball joint angle but together the angle will be off
@87carl Sorry I mean the control arm body side mount. I think they make special camber cams that might give you more adjustment

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl Sorry I mean the control arm body side mount. I think they make special camber cams that might give you more adjustment

Yea i ordered them last night they give an extra degree of alignment supposedly. But the instructions for those cams require extending the hole in the control arm mounts 3/16 of an inch.
Screenshot_20210403-005431.png

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Considering how the alignment shop lied to you and your existing cams weren’t maxed out, you may not need any parts, just a competent shop. My cams ended up very near their original position after the lift.

If you have a level floor to work on, it’s also possible to do your own alignment with a digital level and a few bucks worth of hardware from Home Depot. That’s what I do. My lifted Jeep has never seen an alignment shop. I did have the Chevy dealer align the Hoe when tires were replaced and the caster / camber wasn’t touched. All they did was tweak the toe a bit. And I’d been a bit lazy on that, knowing it was going into the shop.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
@Bill 1960 Do you have link for that track bar relocation bracket? My track bar is angled just enough to off center the rear wheels. I asked a fabricator to extend my body side track bar mount but he said that the angle of the track bar is so little that I could get away with using an adjustable track bar.

Not a direct link, it's a component in some lift kits. I think you'd need to contact the sellers and special order just that part.

ProComp it is 90-5400 TRACK BAR RELOCATION BRACKET

RC does not give the individual part number in their literature, but it's in "1209Box2". Described as "Track Bar Bracket".

You can find the installation instructions for most lifts on their websites and usually the component part numbers are included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts