Rc silverado front lift and skyjacker rear lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl What is your review of your rig after you made those changes?

Amazing! I love the way it sits now. Rides so amazingly smooth and has a ton of flex and articulation. Has a little more body roll than I want on hard curves but that's probably because I haven't removed the broken bolts to mount the front sway bar yet. Can't wait to take it down a trail or field or play in some mud see how it does in those situations. Wife keeps forgetting height and falling out so it's good for a laugh. I want to change the diff drop. I don't like the plastic spacers and want to bring diff down 1 more inch and get a double cv front shaft. The jeep sway bar links in rear are close to right size but might look for some an inch longer. Definitely exactly what I wanted. Everyone stares at it family friends keep complimenting how it looks and sits. They keep calling it the monster truck lol im glad I went with parts I did and didn't do spacers or control arm lift all my suspension angles are really good.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Gotta put hose clamp on e brake cable. And they half assed undercoating and missed alot.View attachment 277444

You may have already addressed this. Your brake line mount needs to have an extended bracket that will keep the steel lines from moving when the suspension goes up and down. My bracket is longer than stock (about 31/2 inches)

Two weeks ago my steel brake line broke because the bracket had broken and was allowing the steel line to move with the suspension. Also the factory does NOT make a replacement fitted line it has to be custom made or you can get a generic straight line Poly armor at Orielys (PA-330) and bend it to fit yourself. The left side rear is (3/16"x30) standard American thread. The two red dots are the ends of my brake line after they broke.
broken brake line.jpg

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have already addressed this. Your brake line mount needs to have an extended bracket that will keep the steel lines from moving when the suspension goes up and down. My bracket is longer than stock (about 31/2 inches)

Two weeks ago my steel brake line broke because the bracket had broken and was allowing the steel line to move with the suspension. Also the factory does NOT make a replacement fitted line it has to be custom made or you can get a generic straight line Poly armor at Orielys (PA-330) and bend it to fit yourself. The left side rear is (3/16"x30) standard American thread. The two red dots are the ends of my brake line after they broke.
View attachment 277568

I got stainless brake hoses for the rear axle the center drop ones are 3 inch longer than stock hoses I just got to put them on. And I was thinking of extending the upper bracket down 2 inches but haven't looked closely at it yet to decide how to do it. The tabs holding hard line to axle are broke so I got to fix them too there are rubber covered metal brackets that can go around line to bolt up I just got to remember what they're called.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straightened the lower brake line bracket so it's pointed upward. That made stock brake hoses almost long enough. Having no luck getting the old hoses apart yet to put new ones on. The bracket on the axle I straightened has 2 tabs on the end of it that stick up into holes in the hose bracket. I will make a new hole in that bracket so I can turn it so hose is more upright it is tipped left right now making one hose tighter than other. I also put 2 hose clamps around panhard bar and e-brake cable. Gotta move cable infront of passenger sway link it's behind it right now and is touching it.

IMG_20210425_185329217.jpg

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention I measured it's height. From bottom of center wheel well to ground.
Stock: 34 front - 36 rear
After lift: 39 front - c25r 39.5 c50r 41
That makes it sound like rear is higher now but rear wheel wells are higher than front. I also measured side steps
Stock front end of steps 11 inches rear end 11.5
After lift front end of steps 16 rear with c50r is 16.5 so it's almost exactly as level as stock and went up 5 inches front and rear
I can't remember step measurement with c25r but it was about 2 inches lower

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spohn control arms and panhard would be better paired with a stiffer rear sway bar. The rear end has alot more body roll on corners and lane changes than it used to. Puppy broke her leg Monday so have made several trips to city and on highway. That's only thing I don't like about the burbs suspension. Vet surgery bills are insane maxing out credit card. so it will take several months for finances to recover. but when it does sway bars will be at top of my list.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spohn control arms and panhard would be better paired with a stiffer rear sway bar. The rear end has alot more body roll on corners and lane changes than it used to. Puppy broke her leg Monday so have made several trips to city and on highway. That's only thing I don't like about the burbs suspension. Vet surgery bills are insane maxing out credit card. so it will take several months for finances to recover. but when it does sway bars will be at top of my list.
@87carl I’m sorry to hear that man that really is a bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew