Rc silverado front lift and skyjacker rear lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dodge smacked a huge bump on the highway couple weeks ago which made it lose its front plate and the front suspension shakes when turning so i don't trust long trips or hauling till those are fixed. Which means tomorrow we get to see how the Suburban does pulling a heavy load. The van has a cast iron tub, s10 engine trans transfer case, dodge axle, washing machine, dryer, couple bikes, burbs stock suspension pieces a bunch of rotors and other small stuff crammed inside it. Whole cars are 300 a ton so was trying to get as close to 8000 pounds as possible. Hopefully enough to buy blocks and mortar needed to build the new foundation under the house. I have been waiting for a opportunity to test her handling while hauling since doing the lift. First problem the hitch was at my knee and needed to borrow a long drop hitch the van and trailer is only making it squat down about 2 inches. Pictures are a little blurry wife's phone camera sucks

IMG_20210602_185640294.jpg IMG_20210602_182555716.jpg IMG_20210602_182529846.jpg

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably should have put van on backwards or at least all the way forward to give more tongue weight trailer was a bit bouncy and weaving. Also forgot how terrible the burbs shift points are. But beyond that she did amazing the suspension absorbed alot of the trailers bouncing and was still fairly smooth. Due to changes in there policy i told first yard hell no and took home then to another yard so drove around with it loaded for almost 200 miles and another 35 with empty trailer. Only burnt 3/8s of a tank of fuel which i thought was impressive considering there's alot of steep hills we went over. The loaded weight was 15,680 unloaded weight was 9,160.

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This load almost counts as suburban abuse. 230 8x8x16 Cement blocks about 9000 pounds definitely wouldn't want to try anything heavier. She squatted down to almost stock height. Luckily only had to go 12 miles. She did it beautifully though did not struggle or anything. Glad it has the lift, the stock suspension would have been bottomed out. I still had a bunch of suspension travel left. Definitely impressed with the skyjacker rear lift springs! Offroad she has plenty clearance and articulation. On road smooth stable ride and can handle heavy loads i couldn't be happier with this burb.

IMG_20210604_135144132.jpg IMG_20210604_135235007.jpg IMG_20210604_135254196.jpg IMG_20210604_135352902.jpg

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last year it's driven great with the lift still have not done sway bars so running no front sway and stock rear sway still. Only issue I've had is getting front alignment to stay first shop that aligned didn't tighten upper control arms properly so they lost alignment after couple of months I added extended alignment cams and pulled upper control arms all the way out and have been running bald all season nitro 33s on front last few months. couple of weeks ago finally got a set of 315/70r17 tires which are about a 35x12.5 and got them on my rims and test fit on the truck today.
The 33s fit with zero rubbing before the lift but the 1.5 wheel spacers increased scrub radius way to much causing lots of rubbing with bumper and slight rub with pinchweld. bumper was trimmed to clear and I've ignored pinchweld so I knew the spacers had to be removed for the 35s.
No spacers the 35s rub the upper control arm when turning didn't lower lift to see if bumper and pinchweld cleared. With the 1.5 spacers they fit how I expected and hit everything. Gonna trim bumper fender liner corner of side steps and do norcal mod probably trim fender flares. Also ordered 12mm almost half inch thick spacers and I ordered Dorman 610-530 lug studs for rear of a f350 dually. They are very close in dimensions to stock lug studs only longer
Head diameter 20.83mm stock-20.2mm
Total length 78mm stock-64.5mm
Shoulder length 25mm stock-16mm
Splined bore 15.9mm stock-15.7mm
Thread length 48.4mm stock-31mm
Thread pitch m14-1.50

So should work great as long as 12mm spacers are enough to clear control arms only issue is timing the new spacers and studs won't be here till Wednesday and she has alignment scheduled for Thursday afternoon and annual undercoating Friday.
I also don't know if the tires will rub on sway bar when I finally get around to removing the broken bolts and put front sway back on

Last edited:
OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the 12mm spacers and ford lug stugs on tonight. Stuck a couple of large nuts over the studs and used lug nuts and impact to pull them into the bearing they fit perfectly. Tire still just barely touches the forward side of the a-arms when turned full lock not by alot but enough that I will have to figure out how to fix it. And will definitely have to do norcal mod it hits pinchweld when turned and suspension compressed. That will be tomorrow mornings project. And will have to see if I can find some tubular a-arms that might clear the tire better or something haven't looked into that yet. Otherwise she drove great when I was coming home from my brother in laws shop. Definitely feels taller especially after driving dodge last two weeks and really quiet and smooth.

Side note the MEVOTECH outer tie rods boots fell off on both sides not exactly sure what to do to fix that. And both inner tie rod boots are ripped at first rib. I have more inner boots that is easy fix. Not sure if the lift has anything to do with boots tearing off all tie rods but otherwise they are still tight and good

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the 12mm spacers and ford lug stugs on tonight. Stuck a couple of large nuts over the studs and used lug nuts and impact to pull them into the bearing they fit perfectly. Tire still just barely touches the forward side of the a-arms when turned full lock not by alot but enough that I will have to figure out how to fix it. And will definitely have to do norcal mod it hits pinchweld when turned and suspension compressed. That will be tomorrow mornings project. And will have to see if I can find some tubular a-arms that might clear the tire better or something haven't looked into that yet. Otherwise she drove great when I was coming home from my brother in laws shop. Definitely feels taller especially after driving dodge last two weeks and really quiet and smooth.

Side note the MEVOTECH outer tie rods boots fell off on both sides not exactly sure what to do to fix that. And both inner tie rod boots are ripped at first rib. I have more inner boots that is easy fix. Not sure if the lift has anything to do with boots tearing off all tie rods but otherwise they are still tight and good
@87carl I have not heard good things about the mavotech lately

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I believe the stock wheels will clear the steering knuckle but may rub the uca I have to use spacers with my stocks anytime I do alignments if not it’ll hit the uca 1.5” spacers you’ll have to cut the studs shorter on the hub 2” you don’t but with rc knuckles a 2” in the rear with a .25-.5” up front gets it about perfect

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the stock wheels will clear the steering knuckle but may rub the uca I have to use spacers with my stocks anytime I do alignments if not it’ll hit the uca 1.5” spacers you’ll have to cut the studs shorter on the hub 2” you don’t but with rc knuckles a 2” in the rear with a .25-.5” up front gets it about perfect
Problem with 1.5 spacers on front is it increases scrub radius and causes a lot of issues with rubbing on fender and bumper. Half inch spacers it rubs on alot less stuff but does still slightly rub on upper control arms at full lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645