Rc silverado front lift and skyjacker rear lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 3.5 lift kit lifting the front 5 inches and the rear only coming up 3.5 inches it feels kinda low in the rear and the wife dont like that so definitely going to have to order a set of c50r 5 inch rear lift springs to bring ass up a little bit more.
@87carl The more you lift the rear the more your rear axle will become off centered and start sticking out of the passenger side of the tahoe. you will have to address the track bar/pan hard bar.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl The more you lift the rear the more your rear axle will become off centered and start sticking out of the passenger side of the tahoe. you will have to address the track bar/pan hard bar.

I ordered spohn adjustable panhard bar and control arms a month ago they keep delaying shipment but eventually they should be here and I can get axle centered

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
A track bar on a slanted angle because of lifting will cause bump steer. If a drop bracket is not in place to level the panhard. I don’t recall if that’s something addressed already in your build or not.

Adjustable length bar will get it centered at rest, but if that is the only fix it will go off center as the suspension cycles.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A track bar on a slanted angle because of lifting will cause bump steer. If a drop bracket is not in place to level the panhard. I don’t recall if that’s something addressed already in your build or not.

Adjustable length bar will get it centered at rest, but if that is the only fix it will go off center as the suspension cycles.

Would it be cause bump steer on a rear axle?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Would it be cause bump steer on a rear axle?
Oh yeah, when the rear axle moves sideways you’ll change direction. Just like steering a forklift or a boat.

Whether it’s enough to concern you, personally, is for you to decide. There’s plenty of people driving around on lifted Jeeps and other solid axle vehicles every day with bump steer front and/or rear and they’re oblivious to it. It’s just something to be aware of when lifting.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, when the rear axle moves sideways you’ll change direction. Just like steering a forklift or a boat.

Whether it’s enough to concern you, personally, is for you to decide. There’s plenty of people driving around on lifted Jeeps and other solid axle vehicles every day with bump steer front and/or rear and they’re oblivious to it. It’s just something to be aware of when lifting.

I will keep an eye out for that

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@Bill 1960 Do you have link for that track bar relocation bracket? My track bar is angled just enough to off center the rear wheels. I asked a fabricator to extend my body side track bar mount but he said that the angle of the track bar is so little that I could get away with using an adjustable track bar.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today was a giant waste if money the only alignment shop nearby I trusted the owner is no longer managing and without him there service has become like every other shop. I told them do alignment and replace the cam and crank sensors and do a crank relearn. They didn't replace the sensors so the relearn was pointless waste of time. Then gave me a line of shit about it needing the new abs sensors relearned and programmed with a scan tool but didn't do it while he had it plugged in. Then what really pissed me off is they charged 100 for alignment plus an extra 80 for an hour labor because it supposedly took 4 hours to align it and they couldn't get it correct supposedly alignment cams are maxed out which they are not I looked when I got home. So that was a waste of a day and 250 bucks. Do abs sensors need relearned if you replace wheelbearings?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well today was a giant waste if money the only alignment shop nearby I trusted the owner is no longer managing and without him there service has become like every other shop. I told them do alignment and replace the cam and crank sensors and do a crank relearn. They didn't replace the sensors so the relearn was pointless waste of time. Then gave me a line of shit about it needing the new abs sensors relearned and programmed with a scan tool but didn't do it while he had it plugged in. Then what really pissed me off is they charged 100 for alignment plus an extra 80 for an hour labor because it supposedly took 4 hours to align it and they couldn't get it correct supposedly alignment cams are maxed out which they are not I looked when I got home. So that was a waste of a day and 250 bucks. Do abs sensors need relearned if you replace wheelbearings?
@87carl No I replaced both my front hubs and didn't have to do anything other than bolt and plug them in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne