Rc silverado front lift and skyjacker rear lift coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used skyjacker c25r or c50r rear lift coils in a 2007-14? They are made for the 2000-2006 suburban and tahoes. C25R lifts 2.5 inches c50r lifts 5 inch.
As far as I can tell the 2007-14s rear suspension is same as 2000-2006 and other replacement or heavy-duty springs are advertised as 2000-2020 or 2000-2014. so I think they should fit but want to make sure they do. Also anyone who has used them any year range how is ride quality and towing capacity? How much actual lift did you get. Thank you

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@87carl I cannot speak on these specific springs but there are other springs that are made for both generations of Tahoes. Moog 81069 for example is a Z71 replacement for both the 2000-2006 tahoe as well as the 2007-2014 tahoe so those skyjacker springs should fit just fine just need to decide which height you need to go with.

@Tozan Was just asking about buying the Skyjacker lifted rear springs the other day. I think he will be interested in this.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing this thread I just ordered a set of the c25r's. I'll update when the arrive. They said they were in stock, so we'll see.

Let me know I will be ordering the same ones tomorrow and everything to completely rebuild my front and rough country lift struts to lift front 3.5 inches.

@87carl I cannot speak on these specific springs but there are other springs that are made for both generations of Tahoes. Moog 81069 for example is a Z71 replacement for both the 2000-2006 tahoe as well as the 2007-2014 tahoe so those skyjacker springs should fit just fine just need to decide which height you need to go with.

@Tozan Was just asking about buying the Skyjacker lifted rear springs the other day. I think he will be interested in this.

That's what I was thinking. We will see how they fit and lift it. I just don't want its rear to sag but don't want to much rake. lifting front 3.5 so figure 2.5 in rear should keep it close to level and will use timbren suspension enhancing bumpstops to prevent sag while hauling stuff hopefully that will be good enough

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
That sounds interesting I wonder if they come in different spring rates. I need a set that can handle 1850 lbs. for my rear. and I also need to be able to bolt them into place top and bottom so they wont fall out if I over flex it...;)

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds interesting I wonder if they come in different spring rates. I need a set that can handle 1850 lbs. for my rear. and I also need to be able to bolt them into place top and bottom so they wont fall out if I over flex it...;)

I have not seen anything on spring rates. I wanted to know that too because I haul feed and building materials and pull a car trailer regularly. how do you plan to make them bolt? Would a plate over the top and bottom coil that bolts to spring pads work? I like that idea better than limit straps. Mine is a long way from needing either. I'm in the middle of a complete remodel of a house that sat empty 9 years so truck and hotrod have very small budgets right now. In a few years hopefully it can get more interesting. I need to replace most of my front end before inspection next month so talked the banker (wife) into letting me do a cheap mild lift while I am replacing almost everything. Cheapest lift is obviously rough country not the best but should get by for a couple of years. Stupid thing is they don't sell a 3.5 knuckle lift with struts for suvs only trucks so the kit will only do my front and hopefully the rear shocks. that's why I started searching for springs I hate using spacers or blocks I have had bad experiences with them off road

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered
rough country 11932 3.5IN GM SUSPENSION LIFT KNUCKLE KIT (07-13 1500 PU 4WD) with the n3 rear shocks and lift struts.
Skyjacker c25r rear springs
Mevotech tough terrain- outer tie rods, wheel bearings, upper and lower control arms with ball joints and sway bar links.
Stock replacement- inner tie rods, cv shafts, brake pads, calipers, rotors, dust shields and brake hoses
moog alignment bolt kits and rear spring isolators.

Still need to order inner tie rod boots and probably longer rear sway bar links.
Not everything needs replaced but enough does that I figure rest probably won't have alot of life left so might as well get it done now while I have it apart and before I get it aligned. I hate doing an alignment and then have another part go few weeks later needing another alignment after replacement. Most I ordered from rock Auto and will be here tomorrow rear springs will be a week, rest between. Also gotta get two tires so I can move rears to front and put new in rear fronts are bald from bad parts and alignment. tires are 60 dollars more than they were last year ☹️

One question I have not found answer to is will stock rims fit the rough country knuckles without a spacer? I will probably get 1.5 front and 2 inch rear hubcentric spacers just in case I need them but would prefer to avoid them.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Stock rim fitment: RC should be able to answer that question it may even be on their web site.

OP
OP
87carl

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock rim fitment: RC should be able to answer that question it may even be on their web site.

Couldn't find it on their sight and they haven't answered my email yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts