RBT's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
I had some extra foam matting from a previous project, so I cut a square and glued it behind the speaker.

I also added the noico mat to the inside of the door (inside the outer skin) before adding the material to the portion facing us in the 2nd pic.

IMG-1093.jpg IMG-1094.jpg

OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
If you saw the previous pic, you may have noticed the lower panel cavity was completely covered. Well - the door panel needs that open to fit, so I had to cut it out and replace the door panel.

IMG-1095.jpg IMG-1096.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Here's the after.

I noticed the door was heavier.

All in all, a good project that was easier than I thought.

Now it's time to chill out.

IMG-1099.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
While drinking my beer, I got a wild hair to use the remaining foam mat and frost king to insert under the carpet on the driver side.

I didn't even look up how to take the carpet up and I guess I got lucky when trying to take up the side piece panels keeping the carpet down. Nothing is broken and everything went back together easily.

I inserted the matt and then cut pieces from the frost king roll on the remaining exposed skin.

IMG-1101.jpg IMG_1102.jpg IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1104.jpg

OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
I will say this concerning frost king or a purpose made sound deadener like Noico.

The frost king roll was thicker, but less dense. Also, the noico came with paper covering the adhesive that you have to peel off before installing.

Think of Frost King like a roll of tape. The moment you peel it, the adhesive is exposed, so be prepared beforehand so it can be quickly applied. No weird smells or anything that some people have reported.

OP
OP
Running Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Have you noticed a difference in noise and heat infiltration?
Noise - yes. Still need to finish the other doors. But I’m surprised to have noticed a difference at all. The biggest difference was the rattles in the driver door are gone.

Heat - I’ll tell you this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holzl88