Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how many times have you threatened that now? :emotions33:
You need more punishment, back to the whippin post!
A) I hate selling stuff, no problem parting with it just hate dealing with people.

B) it'd have to be together enough and working enough to be worth something- which it may never be

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the point of that smaller spring if it's compressed like that? Is it too light?
yea i really got no clue man, the spring itself you can compress just pinching it in your hand...so im not sure its supposed to do anything other than just keep tension on the jam nut :oops:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i really got no clue man, the spring itself you can compress just pinching it in your hand...so im not sure its supposed to do anything other than just keep tension on the jam nut :oops:

Weird. A buddy is building an overlanding rig for their move from Nebraska to Alaska and he's had to change those small springs once or twice. It's a frame-up build with fully fabricated bed, so the final weight wasn't easily determined until he got it sitting on the coilovers.

I guess if yours rides and handles fine, let it eat. You've got bigger priorities to be concerned with. So, you're officially 4WD now? How's the rear end?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear end sucks. I hatched the plan to just get another whole one, have it set up, and swap in the whole axle. But ***** becoming annoying af.
Order axle, gets delivered he says since we dont have a core its another 180- ok whatever. Then its the wrong one so he gets another on the way. It shows up and he tells me it's another 100. So now I'm into this ******* axle for 680$ before we even touch the shit and it's ******* me off. So if I kept this course, it needs to be regeared and then swapped into yukon, and it would just have a stock locker still. And I'm just done ****** around with it.

So I'm just going to settle up with him and take yukon to 4x4 shop and have them rebuild the one I have in the truck. Whole point was to not take up a bay and a lift in his shop while all this gets put together, I was good with it costing a couple extra bux to do it this way but it's ridiculous.

It's going back to awd case, I don't feel like messing with actuators and levers and crap. Front axles were always the worry with it, mpg already sucks, np149 tcase is all rebuild and sitting on bench. It won't have as much abuse anymore

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. A buddy is building an overlanding rig for their move from Nebraska to Alaska and he's had to change those small springs once or twice. It's a frame-up build with fully fabricated bed, so the final weight wasn't easily determined until he got it sitting on the coilovers.

I guess if yours rides and handles fine, let it eat. You've got bigger priorities to be concerned with. So, you're officially 4WD now? How's the rear end?

Sposed to be fully compressed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645