Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dunno havent called, dont feel like spending money on it anyway

thoughts on just having them put a 2wd output shaft and scrapping the transfer case and front diff/axles?
Gonna need wrinkle walls. A buddy had a built ‘55 Chevy in high school. Thing pulled the front wheels off the ground and I doubt he was making the hp you do. You’d have a hard time keeping it down without wheelie bars I bet. Sure would be fun trying though. :gr_guns:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
christmas update?

just went back, this things been down since october :confused:
thats a little too long, going to try and call tranny place monday i guess - they may be out the rest of the year tho but i will try.

the transfer case i bought was shit, been ran way to long with no fluid so it was worse off than the one i had. i pulled some parts apart on mine a couple weeks back and refinished some surfaces - i need to order a new/rebuilt planetary though ($400) if this is going back together awd. if not i'll end up spending more than that on new cross member and new driveshaft for 2wd.

to try and be a little proactive about breaking inputs...as in, it may not be so much brute force breaking them- maybe the housing is flexing and creating a bind. its on the afp poly mounts and a poly transmission mount, which most wouldnt recommend at this hp lol. the stock case only mounts with 5 bolts, the reid 4l80 case is like $2k itself iirc, a midplate may help but would need different converter to space back probably, front plate gets into weird spacing of the belts.

i poked around the converter pilot a little triple checked that i dont need the pilot adapter. inside the back of the crank has a little roughness/wear like the converter was riding one side - thinking a flex plate with 6 bolts may center it better and be stronger, circle d has a nice billet steel one that isnt much more than the tci one id be buying to get 6bolts anyway.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have thought you’d already be running a 6 bolt flex plate. I think when I was looking, TCI had one available for mine. I know my converter is drilled for 3 or 6 bolt and they told me all I needed was a 3 bolt for my hp. It seemed to me that was a weak point when you consider all the power is transferred with those 3 bolts. I checked a month or so ago just to see on a NVG149 Tcase and saw they were getting real hard to find, used or rebuilt. Must be all you racers breaking them. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900