Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

So, you're tuning narrowband I'm assuming? What little you've played with it anyway.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent tuned anything! but yea will just be with narrow bands - ill probably just clean up the low and mid range and take it somewhere to verify the WOT afr with a tailpipe sniffer.
when i changed the oil the other day i noticed coming right off the exhaust manifold after they all merge is some pretty small pipe maybe 2" right into the cat. been trying to find youtube vis of just headers and the rest stock exhaust. i really like how quiet it is:sleepy: but getting into the 10s should be pretty easy/cheap - intake, headers, e85, chiller/larger sc coolant tank, and more tune. not even have to pull the sc or heads or cam or anything

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
havent tuned anything! but yea will just be with narrow bands - ill probably just clean up the low and mid range and take it somewhere to verify the WOT afr with a tailpipe sniffer.
when i changed the oil the other day i noticed coming right off the exhaust manifold after they all merge is some pretty small pipe maybe 2" right into the cat. been trying to find youtube vis of just headers and the rest stock exhaust. i really like how quiet it is:sleepy: but getting into the 10s should be pretty easy/cheap - intake, headers, e85, chiller/larger sc coolant tank, and more tune. not even have to pull the sc or heads or cam or anything
Uh-oh here we go…:popcorn:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tables do you log when tuning narrowband? Everyone says you can't tune with them so my YouTubing GRG ended with not really learning anything. My avalanche is a btr stage 2 truck cam, mild cnc 799 heads that are milled 0.010. Everything else is stock. I want to clean it up and fix the fueling. It's running ok but I know it's not right. Has a dead spot between 2-3k and stumbles on start up. I'm not looking for max power, just want to get it right and get the power that's already there. Better fuel mileage would be nice too

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e38 ecm right?

watch the videos to set up maf and SD graphs in the scanner program.
theres a formula to tune them both at the same time - im trying to adjust it to do the same for ctsv but its a completly different ecm but it should work

What tables do you log when tuning narrowband? Everyone says you can't tune with them so my YouTubing GRG ended with not really learning anything. My avalanche is a btr stage 2 truck cam, mild cnc 799 heads that are milled 0.010. Everything else is stock. I want to clean it up and fix the fueling. It's running ok but I know it's not right. Has a dead spot between 2-3k and stumbles on start up. I'm not looking for max power, just want to get it right and get the power that's already there. Better fuel mileage would be nice too

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e38 ecm right?

watch the videos to set up maf and SD graphs in the scanner program.
theres a formula to tune them both at the same time - im trying to adjust it to do the same for ctsv but its a completly different ecm but it should work
Thank you and yes sir. E38.

I'll check that video out and see what other sh*t I need to bug you about:emotions33:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo