Question for header guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoorMansEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll be putting on kooks long tubes with a catted y pipe. Did anyone run into anything else they had to do at the same time? Plug wires? I’m going to put the hummer mounts in while I have it all apart. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 2011 lowered 4x4.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on your mileage & what maint you have done.... good time to change plugs & wires. ;)

a few have mentioned "Accel ceramic boot wires" or get boot covers/heat shields.

use quality gasket for headers & look into ARP bolts

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I believe it... when I bought my Stage8 bolts they had a sticker on the bag with a Kooks part number on it.

OP
OP
PoorMansEscalade

PoorMansEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got everything in. Way too loud with my MBRP cat back. Going to look into a muffler swap for something more mellow

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’m looking at the magnaflow XL 3 chamber. Hopefully I’ll get away with a bolt in swap

I have a 13749 Magnaflow XL 3 chamber on my Burb with JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, no cats, and the factory resonator in place... sounds great IMO.

The Magnaflow I have has a 30" body and is 36" overall.

I am certain you will be happy with the 3 chamber.

OP
OP
PoorMansEscalade

PoorMansEscalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 13749 Magnaflow XL 3 chamber on my Burb with JBA ceramic coated shorty headers, no cats, and the factory resonator in place... sounds great IMO.

The Magnaflow I have has a 30" body and is 36" overall.

I am certain you will be happy with the 3 chamber.

That sounds perfect, thanks man you’ve been a big help. Have you heard an mbrp in person? The videos on YouTube don’t even come close. Super loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts