Finished the Dad Wagon but fighting with exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter what your choice is to be...even a 30 dollar turbo muffler [s shaped internal) will flow better than a FM...and that is proven fact with documented footage to boot.

Even engine masters tested this not long ago...

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh- Blowmaster. With all of that you need a straight-through style muffler(s).

Picked up a 22” Magnaflow and Vibrant resonators yesterday! Hope to see a big change Monday.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off topic, Racie, do you have 4wd or 2wd esky, im asking this since im looking for LT headers and catted Y pipe. There is a lot of LTs out there but they saying there my be clearance issues with LTs or Y pipe on 6.2 4WD trucks/suvs. If yours is 4WD how is clearance ?
Also are those fake cats that kooks makes or they is stuff inside, or are thry those green ones ?
Thanks

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw last week i came across Denali for sale at local dealship. It is 2016 With whipple and FM. I test drove since its got same mods im thinking to do, wilwiods and 2-4 drop. When i hear exhaust it remind me of my 94 Stang GT vert with FM

Revs

https://youtube.com/shorts/zBaiE9ieiQk?feature=share

Idle

View attachment 279362

Yea Slow5.0 mine is actually louder and deeper than that right now...I couldn't post a vid the other day but I will try again here shortly. To answer you question above I'm not sure on the cats from kooks but I do have the Y-pipe and cats from them. Also my Esky is 4wd and I have plenty of clearance.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Corsa Touring if you don’t want it super loud. It’s very reasonable in my 08 with headers. It is also perfectly normal to hear more valvetrain noise with headers.

MWR Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a Corsa Sport on mine with Kooks longtubes and cats. It's downright ridiculous on a cold start and at idle, but remarkably quiet on the highway. The system has been on there since ’07, so the muffler is beyond “broken in.” When I finally replace it I may find a factory 3.5” system or perhaps modify the 3.5” magnaflow system for the Escalade/Denali. I am really surprised there are so few 3.5" systems for these trucks.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea Slow5.0 mine is actually louder and deeper than that right now...I couldn't post a vid the other day but I will try again here shortly. To answer you question above I'm not sure on the cats from kooks but I do have the Y-pipe and cats from them. Also my Esky is 4wd and I have plenty of clearance.

This 16 Denali that was for sale only have flowmaster muffler without resonator,. Factory exhaust manifold and factory cats. It wasnt that loud. Sound just remind me on my 94 Mustang 5.0 with FM catback

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You didnt say are yours kooks cats real or are they looks like cats but nothing inside ?
Thanks